U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 7th, 2023 12:17 PM

Closed

Kindle fire hd 8

Your app has been saying it needs an update on my kindle for a long time. However, the message goes away after I press got it and the app functions. Recently, I see that the app needs OS 6 to run. My fire doesn’t have that update. However, yesterday, the app ran just fine. Why can the app run on my system with the same system requirements yesterday and not today? 

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@user_b1a17b 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your questions here. In order to ensure our apps work well and are completely secure we require some of the most recent OS updates for our apps to function. Below you will find the minimum system requirements to run some of our apps today. 

Xfinity App

• iOS 14 or later.
  • Android 7.1 or later.
  • Note: Windows and Amazon phones aren't supported.

Xfinity Stream App

• Amazon Fire TV, Fire Stick or tablet devices must be running Fire OS 6 or later.
  • Xfinity Stream app version 7.4.1 or later is required

Xfinity Home App

• Xfinity ID and password
  • Apple (iOS 11+) or Android (OS 6+) device

Please let us know if you have any other questions or comments. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Yes I understand the requirements but it does not explain why it worked yesterday without my device being updated. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

The only thing I can think of is our streaming app may have been recently updated or some cache in your device let you in.  We recommend contacting the manufacturer of the Kindle to see about updating the software to meet those minimum system requirements so you do not have issues with the device when using the Xfinity Stream app moving forward. 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

May have been updated recently? Shouldn't Comcast know if the app was updated or not?

I have the same problem. My app keep asking for an update, it downloads and then repeats. Obviously the application update is broken and needs to be fixed.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@skyline21 Thank you so much for letting us know that you are also having an issue with the Xfinity Stream app, On Sunday there was a known issue that our engineers have resolved, and the Stream app should be functioning normally again. If you are still encountering any issues please let us know, and we apologize for any inconvenience. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here