U

Contributor

• 

46 Messages

Friday, December 8th, 2023 11:17 AM

Closed

How do you delete Netflix movie notifications when using the Xfinity box?

I have several movies listed in the Netflix Notification area. I've either added these to my list or watched them & want to delete them from the notifications.

Searching brings up how to turn off Xfinity Notifications but I don't want to do that. I want to delete old notifications that are not needed anymore.

Any suggestions how to do that would be appreciated.
Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

8 months ago

Hi there @user_793642!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to address your service concerns.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team, and we are going to do everything that we can to get this taken care of for you.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message detailing your issue, and we will get right to work on this.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

46 Messages

@XfinityArmand​ 

The above is a detailed description of the issue. I could send it as a private message but then no one else would benefit from knowing what your solution is. Why not share the information?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_793642  In order for us to get the work completed on our end, we are going to need to take a look at your account.  In order to get that informaiton from you, we ask that those details be sent in private.  (I don't think any of our subscribers would want their personal account details posted on a public forum, right?)  That is the only reason we ask for a private message, to obtain those details and then get to work on fixing it for you. 😉

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

46 Messages

8 months ago

I didn't know there was a problem with my personal account.

I just wanted to know how to delete the notifications. Xfinity does not appear to have an Owners Manual that I can read to find out how to use its product, unlike my car or TV.

Every time I have a question on using the X1 box I have to waste time searching for the answer. I should be able to look up information in an Owners Manual like other products.

From what I've found, it appears notifications can be removed from Netflix if using a smartphone. I presumed it could be done when using an X1 box but could not find this option.

Perhaps you can tell me how to access this function before wasting time trouble shooting my account when there might not be a problem with my account.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

We completely understand how unwanted notifications can be frustrating to see. Since Netflix is a 3rd party app, the changes will need to be made through Netflix itself. I found this on their website:

From a web browser, enter the profile you want to update notification settings for.

Go to the Account page.

Select the profile from the Profile & Parental Controls menu.

Select Notification Settings.

Select Manage Push Notifications.

Existing Netflix customers who use their Netflix login information when logging in through the Netflix app on X1 or Flex will see their current Netflix settings. Please let us know if that helps! 😊

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

46 Messages

8 months ago

The notifications were not unwanted when I chose to be notified. They did their job & now need to be deleted.

Your instructions seem to indicate I can change settings & stop the notifications, but I don't want to stop future notifications. I just want to delete them after being notified.

I realize Netflix is a 3rd party app, yet Xfinity lets me add movies to My List & lets me delete them. So I figured if Xfinity lets me add a movie to the notified list it would also let me delete it. But apparently not.

Official Employee

• 

740 Messages

@user_793642 Upon review, that is currently the only information I found as the previous agent replied with. You may have to reach out to Netflix for further assistance. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here