S

Wednesday, July 24th, 2024 11:04 AM

Error: TVAPP-00116 unable to stream on any Roku devices

Error: TVAPP-00116 unable to stream on any Roku devices

We can't stream on any Roku devices. Please fix asap. I would also like a refund for any lost service time. This is not acceptable. Every other app works. We can also stream Xfinity via mobile. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hi @shaninNH Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the inability to use Roku. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message":
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

@XfinityJanelle​ I am having the same issue of error code TVAPP-00116. 

Please advise what to do to fix as all Roku devices are streaming all other apps except Xfinity.

Thank you!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

I Am having the same issue, but I am getting the TVAPP-00101 error message. So far tech support on the phone has been anything but helpful.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

Just talk to a rep who knew what they were doing. You can try an uninstall and then reinstall the app. This should clear up the problem ( it took care of my issue). You then have to resign in on every Roku device.

3 Messages

I called in to tech support; the rep ended up restarting the modem and it got all 4 Roku devices to work again.

Contributor

• 

65 Messages

3 months ago

I'm so annoyed! Everything was working fine yesterday now the Xfinity Roku app won't load. I get to the part where it tells me to enter a random code on the TV then I use my tablet that's on the same network as my TV to enter the code and it refreshes the TV screen but when it's loading the Xfinity stream app it says: "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like."

The Xfinity Stream app loads fine on my tablet and PC but I can't load it back on my Roku TV.

3 Messages

That happened to me and the rep had to shut the modem and reboot it.  Once this was done, the app loaded fine but I had to rename each roku device but I kept them on the phone with me until every TV was working.  Make sure you are not on the landline phone or you will loose the rep when they shut the modem.

Contributor

• 

65 Messages

What were the steps? Reboot modem, then redownload the Xfinity stream app on the Roku TV, then login to that after activation?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here