Craighowe12's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 29th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Error 14001 on stream app through firestick

Using xfinity stream on a fire stick... worked for about a week and now gives error message indicating the need to update the app. I go to the Amazon app store and it says unavailable. I don't see anything around the internet anywhere with a new version. What to do?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

All, 

As mentioned by user's Rustyben and CCAndrew Amazon Firesticks have never been a compatible device with the Xfinity Stream App. You can find all the information about what minimum system requirements the Xfinity Stream App has here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements

Please let us know if you have any other questions or comments. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Craighowe12 wrote:
Using xfinity stream on a fire stick... worked for about a week and now gives error message indicating the need to update the app. I go to the Amazon app store and it says unavailable. I don't see anything around the internet anywhere with a new version. What to do?

Xfinity does not support the firestick for the stream app.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

When did this start happening?  I purchased stream 2 years ago.  Comcast Customer service informed me that it worked on firestick.  It all of a sudden not working is not an upgrade.  This is terrible.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

When did it start happening? Right around day one, it’s never been legitimately compatible

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have been having the same problem on my Kindle Fire HDX. I've been using the Xfinity Stream app for years. And, now all of a sudden it is giving me the same error message. I've gone to the app store and it is not showing any updates. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Comcast and Amazon are feuding over contracts. I have had Comcast out today they told me they recently received an email saying the Xfinity streaming app will no longer on the firestick I confirmed this with Amazon just now

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Xfinity and Amazon are having a battle and the app doesn't work on Firestick currently.  This occurred 2 days ago.  Programs you own on Xfinity on demand are being held hostage during the competition.  Xfinity on-demand movies purchased should be viewable on any platform.  Don't bother complaining.  Neither give a hoot about customer service or integrity.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Actually from my searching there is ZERO information about a Firestick not working with Xfinity.   There are acutally no devices actually listed as compatible or not compatible just technical requirements like Android 5, etc.  My Firestick has worked for Xfinity Stream for over a year on 2 tvs.  Both Firesticks meet the Android requirements so if there are devices that can't be used they should be named specifically.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I uninstalled it and reinstalled and now it works

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here