K

Tuesday, October 24th, 2023 7:41 PM

Closed

DVR Recordings Freeze

While watching DVR recordings on the iOS app (for iPhone and iPad), the video will usually start fine but eventually freeze.

It does it for my entire family almost 100% of the time we try to watch something.

I used to rely on the iPhone app to catch up on shows while travelling but have now completely given up..

Because we rely on it so much, we're thinking about switching to a provider that has better mobile app reviews.

Xfinity has such a great platform though, I wish they could just fix this problem!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

9 months ago

Hello @kipster1203 thanks for using our Forums to contact our Xfinity Support team. You came to the right place for help, and we are here to help with the DVR issues you are experiencing. By any chance are you having the same issues with the TV in your home? 

3 Messages

9 months ago

No, we're very happy with the experience on the X1 box. Never had any issues and is one of the main reasons we've chosen Xfinity.

The freezing issues also happens on our Apple TV at home.

The videos will usually freeze at the same point.

Meaning that on my iPhone, the show I was watching froze at 46min for example.

When I tried to watch it on Apple TV, it froze in the same spot, and my wife tried on her phone but also froze in the same spot.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

9 months ago

Thank you so much for those additional details and for getting back to us right away @kipster1203. We certainly do not want you to continue to have these issues and we are happy to take a deep dive into what could be the issues. To get started can you please send us a DM with your full name and the service address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

7 months ago

I have been having the same problem since the summer on my iPad and on my smart TV that uses the xfinity stream app.  It used to work fine, now it stinks.  I try to watch a 30 minute sports recording every night, it starts fine, after about 10 minutes the picture freezes, the sound may or may not continue.  If I go to my TV with the X1 box it works fine.  I can’t believe with all the people reporting this problem Xfinity hasn’t figured it out yet.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

Yes, 3 year issue reported by hundreds of Comcast customers. You’ll see this issue reported many times in this community. 

3 Messages

Our family travels a lot and relies on this mobile feature so we will sadly be switching out. Its very sad, either fix the issue or hire better developers!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here