U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 5th, 2024 11:52 AM

Closed

Does Xfinity stream use apply to the data cap?

If I use the stream app on my Samsung tv, will the app use my 1.2TB internet data allotment?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

8 months ago

@user_848fd5 Great question. "Does streaming using the Xfinity Stream app on a Partner Device count against my internet data usage?
No. The goal of using the app on your Partner Device is to give you more options outside of rented Xfinity TV Boxes to access your full TV service within your home. The service delivered through the Xfinity Stream app is not an internet service, so Xfinity data usage plans don't apply.

However, video services that are delivered over the internet, like TV Go content accessed through the Xfinity Stream app and web portal or content from NBC.com or the NBC and NBC Sports apps, are treated exactly the same way as any other internet-delivered services, like Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon and are subject to any data usage plans that might apply." More information can be found here. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-app-faqs

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@billmich88888 Have you reviewed the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-app-faqs ?

Does streaming using the Xfinity Stream app on a Partner Device count against my internet data usage?

No. The goal of using the app on your Partner Device is to give you more options outside of rented Xfinity TV Boxes to access your full TV service within your home. The service delivered through the Xfinity Stream app is not an internet service, so Xfinity data usage plans don't apply.

However, video services that are delivered over the internet, like TV Go content accessed through the Xfinity Stream app and web portal or content from NBC.com or the NBC and NBC Sports apps, are treated exactly the same way as any other internet-delivered services, like Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon and are subject to any data usage plans that might apply.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

billmich88888, We are happy to help. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

We can help get one shipped to you. Feel free to go back to direct messaging when you are ready, and we will place an order for you. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here