beepie's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, August 12th, 2023 11:30 PM

Closed

Does one's internet need to be from Xfinity in order to stream shows requiring connection to in-home WiFi to watch?

My home internet is not from Xfinity.  For both my Win 10 laptop using Xfinity stream on Chrome and the Android app on a phone, shows are marked with 'Connect to in-home WiFi to watch' with 'play' icons greyed and ignoring presses/clicks , even though both are on my home WiFi network.  I noticed the Accepted Solution in CCMike1's post on Jan 5, 2022, but I cannot find 'Change Household Account' in the Xfinity Stream app settings after signing out and signing back into the app.  Other posts talk about I've seen seem to deal with Xfinity internet in different ways. 

Does my internet need to be from Xfinity in order to stream shows requiring connection to in-home WiFi to watch?  If not, what do I need to do resolve this problem?  I can give the MAC address of the router....

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hey @beepie,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. We would be more than happy to assist with your Xfinity Stream access.

In order to access any In-Home restricted content, you would need to subscribe to Xfinity Internet to access the content. If you only subscribe to Xfinity TV and not Xfinity Internet, you would only have access to Out-Of-Home content. 

We recommend visiting our 'Get Started With the Xfinity Stream App' support page for any additional information. 

Please let us know if there is anything additional we could assist you with in the future. We are always happy to help. 

2 Messages

7 months ago

Can one have cable tv service without internet service?

2 Messages

This answer does not answer the question asked.  The question is "must I pay for xfinity voice and xfinity internet if one is ONLY interested in using xfinity cable services for television?"

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @user_umc52g! That is a great question, and the answer is yes! You can have a cable only TV package without having other services. If you would like me to look into the options that are available for you, p

lease send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here