2 Messages

Monday, June 24th, 2024 9:28 PM

Channel guide

How do I get a channel guide on an lg tv when streaming 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 days ago

Hey @user_f8a120, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Stream App on an LG Smart TV. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

I am not too familiar with the LG TV ecosystem. The LG Magic Remote cursor and wheel functionality are not currently supported on the Xfinity Stream app. Use the up-down-left-right arrows to navigate and press the center of the wheel to make selections.

With this information, I would try to press the button the center to see if any options or menu populates to view a guide. Then use the arrow buttons to navigate. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityDemitrius​  I appreciate your comments, however NO SUCH LUCK..I have removed the app...tried a second time...no SUCH luck the only change i get is NBC Sports as the responding channel #1004, I have no guide or the ability to change the channel using the method described above?? The only menu for Channels i receive are LG channels...NOTHING for Xfinety....VERY FRUSTRATED

Official Employee

• 

612 Messages

user_f8a120 Unfortunately, some unsupported devices may be able to download the app but would not have full functionality using the app. In most menus, the guide can be found under "Live TV" on some menus you may need to access the Now Playing option to locate the Live TV selection. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

4 days ago

How do I get a channel guide on an lg tv when streaming 

I'm not familiar with LG but they have yanked the channel guide from the Stream app on my Samsung as well.

To change the channel in the app I have to [Return] to the first Stream screen ("Now Playing"), select "Live TV", and scroll-scroll-scroll (using the Up and Down arrows, not CH+ or CH-) to the channel I want to watch. "Saved", "Browse", "Search", and "Settings" are also options on that screen.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here