U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, May 6th, 2022 8:16 PM

Closed

Channel Audio/Video Sync Issue Streaming to Chromecast After April 2022 Update

After the recent update, I’ve noticed at least one of my channels (favorites) will stream fine to my device (iPad, iPhone), but when I cast it to Chromecast it will start out correctly then after about 20 seconds the video will freeze and when it unfreezes the audio will start at the point it freezes but the video will be about 20 seconds ahead.    So far, I’ve only experienced this on one or two channels, others seem to work fine. Quite frustrating though as its happening on one of the stations I watch most frequently.     HELP!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

2 years ago

Hmm... let's start by covering our bases. I want to make sure you have the best set up possible for using Chromecast. Let's start with your gateway placement. For the best experience casting Xfinity Stream content to a Chromecast device, keep it within range of your Wireless Gateway. Avoid placing your gateway on top of other devices and keep it clear of obstructions. Do not place your gateway in an enclosed area or direct sunlight. To receive a stronger wireless signal, try moving or rotating your gateway into different positions. Even a few inches can help.

Additionally- what kind of Chromecast device are you using?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here