CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Monday, June 15th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Casting Xfinity Stream Content to Chromecast Now Available

Good news! Xfinity customers can now cast programming from the Xfinity Stream app directly to Chromecast devices and supported-TVs. Just look for the casting icon on the top righthand side of the screen to start casting.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This is great news but my Chromecast and Xfinity App are NOT streaming. I keep getting a blank screen on my TV with just the "Xfinity Stream" logo and dots looking like it is loading. My computer screen says, it is Casting to the TV but it is not. Please help, this is so frustrating since becasue this update my Chromecast had no problem casting but now that it is updated for Chromecast it doesn't work and it doesn't make sense. Thank you for your help!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Teamit7777 wrote:

This is great news but my Chromecast and Xfinity App are NOT streaming. I keep getting a blank screen on my TV with just the "Xfinity Stream" logo and dots looking like it is loading. My computer screen says, it is Casting to the TV but it is not. Please help, this is so frustrating since becasue this update my Chromecast had no problem casting but now that it is updated for Chromecast it doesn't work and it doesn't make sense. Thank you for your help!

you may have poor wifi reception on your chromecast device so the stream will not start. 

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same issue.  It actually never worked for me.  I have a Toshiba TV with Chromecast built in.  Other Chromecast apps like Netflix work with no issue.  Very frustrating!

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

Cast Content to Your Chromecast Device from Xfinity Stream portal (Online)

You have two ways to cast content to your Chromecast device from the Xfinity Stream portal.
  1. Log in to Xfinity Stream portal with your Xfinity ID and password.
  2. There are two ways you can cast content:
    • While you’re watching a program, hover over the player to display the player controls.
      • You’ll see a Casting button (to the left of the Mini-Player button).
        ComcastJessie_14-1593096560060.jpeg

ComcastJessie_15-1593096560089.png

• Connect to your Chromecast device by clicking on the Casting button. It will turn solid when you're connected.
        ComcastJessie_16-1593096560090.jpeg

• Click the Casting button again and choose which Chromecast device you’d like to cast the program to. Go to Step 3.

• Or, while on any page (such as For You, Grid, Completed Recordings, or any Browse page), you’ll see the Casting button (left of the Search Box).
      ComcastJessie_17-1593096560091.jpeg

• Click the Casting button. When you’re connected, the button will turn solid.
        ComcastJessie_18-1593096560092.jpeg

• After you’re connected, your Chromecast device should display an Xfinity Stream logo along with a “Ready to Cast” message.
      • Go to a program you want to watch and choose which Chromecast device you’d like to cast the program to. Go to Step 3.
  3. Click on the solid Casting button to show your devices. You’ll see “Available” underneath your devices that are connected to Chromecast and ready to cast. (Devices that are not connected to Chromecast will show “Source not supported” underneath it.)
    ComcastJessie_19-1593096560092.jpeg

4. When you choose an available device to cast, you’ll see Connecting underneath it.
    ComcastJessie_20-1593096560093.jpeg

ComcastJessie_21-1593096560100.png

5. If you want to stop the cast, click the Casting button again and choose Stop casting.
    ComcastJessie_22-1593096560094.jpeg

Cast Content to Your Chromecast Device from Xfinity Stream app
Follow these steps to cast Xfinity Stream app content to your Chromecast device:
  1. Open the Xfinity Stream app and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password. (If you haven’t downloaded the app, see how to download the app and set it up on your mobile device.)
    ComcastJessie_23-1593096560095.jpeg

2. Tap the Cast icon on the header section of the app.
    ComcastJessie_24-1593096560095.jpeg

3. You’ll see all your available devices that are connected to Chromecast and ready to cast. Tap a device.
    ComcastJessie_25-1593096560096.jpeg

4. Once you're connected, the Cast icon will be solid.
    ComcastJessie_26-1593096560096.jpeg

5. Select a program to cast to your Chromecast device.
    ComcastJessie_27-1593096560101.png

Setting Up Your Google Chromecast
The   Chromecast Help Center  has all you need to know about getting started:
Common start up troubleshooting:

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Why doesn’t the fast forward feature work any more? Unable to use either the scrubber bar or the forward :30 buttons to pick up a show where I left off.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Ibertschausen wrote:
Why doesn’t the fast forward feature work any more? Unable to use either the scrubber bar or the forward :30 buttons to pick up a show where I left off.

can you give an example of what you were doing? (live TV, viewing a recording, on-demand, TV-go)

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Video quality is insufficient for large screens and could be improved. Higher bit rate and 60fps video are needed when casting to a TV.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@simpki wrote:

Video quality is insufficient for large screens and could be improved. Higher bit rate and 60fps video are needed when casting to a TV.

all but the chromecast ultra are max 1080p. the source (for example your smart phone) may not have access to 1080p if signal level for wifi is low or if on cell data the cell data provider limits you to 480p (for example). The TV's EDID is sent to the sending device to set up the best video stream available.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

I follow the directions above but still cannot connect to Chromecast. I just see the Xfinity Stream logo on my TV but it times out trying to connect. I do not have this problem with my other Chromecast Apps. Others such as Netflix are able to connect fine. What am I doing wrong??

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@SPD-NH wrote:
I follow the directions above but still cannot connect to Chromecast. I just see the Xfinity Stream logo on my TV but it times out trying to connect. I do not have this problem with my other Chromecast Apps. Others such as Netflix are able to connect fine. What am I doing wrong??

when you begin viewing a live tv channel does the chromecast icon on the smart device 'light up' (display) on the smart device screen?

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

It never “lights up” when I try to cast from the Stream App or the website but it does for all of my other Chromecast capable apps. I have the same result when I try other devices.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling and it still does not work.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

Version 6.1.1.1755

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@SPD-NH wrote:
It never “lights up” when I try to cast from the Stream App or the website but it does for all of my other Chromecast capable apps. I have the same result when I try other devices.

launch the stream app, select the menu (stack of papers/hamburger icon) and go to the gear (settings) and scroll to the bottom. reply with the version number.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

They are on the same network. The strange thing is I can connect the Netflix app along with many others via Chromecast with no problem at all.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here