Sara1014's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 10th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Cast icon missing from Stream app

Once the stream app was compatible with chromecast, I was able to cast live tv to my smart TV. No problems. But it appears that now, the icon is missing from the app. It is visible when viewing the stream website and I’m able to cast to our chromecast. But the app has no icon anymore. Was this an update? Is there some setting I need to make to get that icon back again?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have same problem. Did you find solution ?

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention so that we can help get this service working for you! In order to cast content from the Xfinity Stream app to your Chromecast you need to be using one of the follow Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra devices:

• Chromecast (original) - 4254, 4239
  • Chromecast 2 - 8198
  • Chromecast 3 - 6311
  • Chromecast Ultra - 6653
  • Google Nest Hub - 8199

Can you confirm that you are using one of these eligible devices? Also, the Chromecast device and your streaming device (iOS, Android or Web) must be on the same WiFi network. Are both devices connected to your in-home network when you are trying to cast the content?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Yes the cast button at to right streaming app does not exist anymore.

I removed the app for a couple days re-installed app came back. Used it once. Now its gone again.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_761938, can you please send a creen shot of what you are seeing once logged into the Xfinity Stream app? Please ensure there is no private information visible. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here