Sara1014's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:00 AM

Cast icon missing from Stream app

Once the stream app was compatible with chromecast, I was able to cast live tv to my smart TV. No problems. But it appears that now, the icon is missing from the app. It is visible when viewing the stream website and I’m able to cast to our chromecast. But the app has no icon anymore. Was this an update? Is there some setting I need to make to get that icon back again?

Responses

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

12 d ago

I have same problem. Did you find solution ?

ComcastKatieMS

Official Employee

• 

161 Messages

Hello, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention so that we can help get this service working for you! In order to cast content from the Xfinity Stream app to your Chromecast you need to be using one of the follow Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra devices:

• Chromecast (original) - 4254, 4239
  • Chromecast 2 - 8198
  • Chromecast 3 - 6311
  • Chromecast Ultra - 6653
  • Google Nest Hub - 8199

Can you confirm that you are using one of these eligible devices? Also, the Chromecast device and your streaming device (iOS, Android or Web) must be on the same WiFi network. Are both devices connected to your in-home network when you are trying to cast the content?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Yes the cast button at to right streaming app does not exist anymore.

I removed the app for a couple days re-installed app came back. Used it once. Now its gone again.

Official Employee

• 

14 Messages

@user_761938, can you please send a creen shot of what you are seeing once logged into the Xfinity Stream app? Please ensure there is no private information visible. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New to the Community?

Start Here