jmar76's profile

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Monday, November 27th, 2017 11:00 AM

Closed

Can't set recordings from stream app

So this has happened to me before on occasion but not lately, but today I tried to set recordings for several different things using the xfinity stream app and for some reason today the option just isn't there. Over the weekend I also just happened to read that Comcast just lost a decision by the ITC in favor of Rovi in a patent suit saying that Comcast is infringing on Rovi's patent for the technology in the app that is used to set recordings on mobile devices for X1 set top boxes. So I'm just wondering is it just a coincidence that it's not even an option for me today and perhaps due to maintenance of some kind on the app, or did Comcast temporarily pull this technology from the app as a result of the ruling by the ITC? Thanks very much to anyone who can shed some light on this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Great. Another royal screwup for $200 plus per month. Thanks for nothing, Comcast.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I contacted Comcast today and spoke to 2 customer service staff  and clearly they have no clue as to why this has happened. One felt it was a copyright infringement with apple. Another one didn’t know it had happened and she checked her phone and was upset as she sets up all her recordings with this app. Comcast has not told their employees about this yet. 

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

I asked the same question.

@Ricky1057 wrote:

Will Comcast be lowering customers' bills since Comcast has removed the promised feature to remotely record using a computer app or phone?

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

7 years ago

Hi ASHarrow, 

Due to a legal ruling, for the foreseeable future, we are removing the remote scheduling of DVR recording features. We apologize for the inconvenience, we are actively pursuing an appeal of the ruling.

If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it's available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize again for the inconvenience.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5K Messages

7 years ago

Hello, we apologize there was no notification. Due to a judicial ruling, we are disabling this feature while we pursue an appeal.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Why can't I record shows from my computer?

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

The abilty to stream is useless to me without ability to record. Your response from comcast is tipical. There commercials talk of great service to their customers; however, their people have no clue as to what is going on . They need to compensate customers for deleting the record feature.

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

7 years ago

This is really bad news; I am wondering if anyone else, AT&T, Direct TV or other major providers took the same approach.

If I was out for dinner and I saw that a game was good, I would record it and watch it later that evening; sports is NOT ON DEMAND.  This is very disturbing.

Any other comments!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Then our bills should be reduced until this is resolved. This is a major loss in functionality / product quality.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Comcast Rep, I understand the reasons for removing the record function from the app given the lawsuit but this is a truly major reduction in the service / quality of product that I pay for. I expect my bill to be reduced until the functionality is restored.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.4K Messages

7 years ago

@veetee76b wrote:
The subject says it all. There is no longer a “Record” option on the Stream App on my IPhone and IPad since the latest App upgrade a couple days ago. Is this a bug or what? Will I no longer be able to set a recording when away from the house?

Go here, join the party: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/td-p/3006332

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

The subject says it all. There is no longer a “Record” option on the Stream App on my IPhone and IPad since the latest App upgrade a couple days ago. Is this a bug or what? Will I no longer be able to set a recording when away from the house?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5K Messages

7 years ago

Due to a judicial ruling, we are disabling this feature while we pursue an appeal.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

For some reason the app is not giving me the option to record a program.  Both live and in the future??

I have done this before so don't know what happened.....

Help

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here