U

Tuesday, June 18th, 2024 3:50 AM

Can't get Xfinity stream off Apple TV

Started 6/17.  Error - "This device can only access Xfinity stream on your in-home Xfinity wifi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like.". My apple tv box is plugged into the back of the Xfinity modem.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

Hey @user_s8u0k5, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Stream App on your Apple TV device. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

In most cases, this takes place when using an Xfinity ID that is either not listed on your account or linked to two separate Xfinity accounts. Would you be able to verify that your Xfinity ID is listed on your account as well as double-checking to see if the account is linked to another Xfinity account? You can visit our 'How to link, unlink, and switch between multiple Xfinity accounts' support page where it will show you how to switch between Xfinity accounts using your Xfinity ID. 

If the account is linked, would you be able to attempt unlinking the accounts? Please let us know the findings and we could go through more troubleshooting steps. 

7 Messages

There was an old deactivated account linked to my new account.  I unlinked it and it worked again.  So weird how the Apple boxes worked fine for over a year and then all of the sudden one day they didn't.  Glad it's up working again.

Official Employee

• 

589 Messages

Glad to see unlinking the old account worked! Thank you for posting your troubleshooting process and results to make our community better! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here