GeneLa56's profile
GeneLa56
Rousing Reactor
Much Appreciation
Expressive Exchange

Contributor

 • 

49 Messages

Thu, Oct 31, 2019 7:00 AM

Cannot download more than one recording from my Xfinity Stream app

Using a Samsung Tab A tablet,  can download one recording , one hour in length,  2 GB size, but when i try to download a second program, same one hour 2GB size, error message on Stream app says i do not have sufficient  storage and i need to free-up space even though i have 29 GB of free storage space remaining on my SD card. I have app permission set for "storage" and storage set to SD card. I have tried reinstalling the app. Same problem. Thanks!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

 • 

23 Messages

2 y ago

Hi GeneLa,

Downloads from Xfinity Stream cannot be stored on SD cards and will use up internal device storage.  If you do need to clear up space, returning other existing downloads or moving content from other apps that do allow SD storage over to the SD card may help allocate more available space for Stream downloads.  Hope this helps with the storage questions, and happy streaming!

 

Regards,

Evan

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago

adding...  some newer android OS allow you to adopt an SD card as system memory. this is a permanent option and all data is encrypted and not available outside of the android device. even system files will be written there so removal will cause device to have to be reset.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
GeneLa56

Contributor

 • 

49 Messages

2 y ago


@ComcastEvan wrote:

Hi GeneLa,

Downloads from Xfinity Stream cannot be stored on SD cards and will use up internal device storage.  If you do need to clear up space, returning other existing downloads or moving content from other apps that do allow SD storage over to the SD card may help allocate more available space for Stream downloads.  Hope this helps with the storage questions, and happy streaming!

 

Regards,

Evan


Well OK, when I was able to change the  app to allow storage to an external  memory (SD card) my expectation was it would actually take effect. Thanks for the prompt response. 

GeneLa56

Contributor

 • 

49 Messages

2 y ago


@Rustyben wrote:

adding...  some newer android OS allow you to adopt an SD card as system memory. this is a permanent option and all data is encrypted and not available outside of the android device. even system files will be written there so removal will cause device to have to be reset.  


Hi,

I'm guessing my Android 8.1.0 does not allow what you suggest, correct ?

Thanks

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@GeneLa56 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

adding...  some newer android OS allow you to adopt an SD card as system memory. this is a permanent option and all data is encrypted and not available outside of the android device. even system files will be written there so removal will cause device to have to be reset.  


Hi,

I'm guessing my Android 8.1.0 does not allow what you suggest, correct ?

Thanks


yes it began with nougat

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

1 y ago

What is the purpose of allowing the storage to be changed from the internal memory to the SD Card if the recordings don't go there?  I was told a few weeks ago by a tech support Comcast employee to purchase a large SD card for my phone which I did. Now, I still can't download video without eliminating a lot of other apps and even then I can only download a very limited amount of video.  

Bill Z

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

1 y ago


@rzwicker1023 wrote:

What is the purpose of allowing the storage to be changed from the internal memory to the SD Card if the recordings don't go there?  I was told a few weeks ago by a tech support Comcast employee to purchase a large SD card for my phone which I did. Now, I still can't download video without eliminating a lot of other apps and even then I can only download a very limited amount of video.  

Bill Z


the 'system' storage is the only storage allowed per the creators (like networks, studios) that can be used. Android started in Nougat to allow an SD card to be permanently adopted as system memory (can't then be removed without making the phone's apps etc not work). 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here