JonMich's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 3rd, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Blurry Channels on Roku App

I have been noticing channels have become more blurry on the Xfinity app on Roku lately. All other apps like Netflix are streaming just fine, so it’s not a bandwidth issue. This started about 2 weeks ago. Prior to that, it was great. Anyone else getting this?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Having exactly the same issue. I tried to change the preferences to “hd preferred” but still no luck

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same issue. Works on everything but blurry on my Roku Ultra

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same issue. It’s fine on all other devices, but on Roku it’s hit or miss, and it’s usually blurry.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Same thing. I did notice an app upgrade a week ago but it's still pixelating, especially sports or anything moving fast.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

This has been going on for me for at least a month and it is extremely frustrating as I am used to viewing high-resolution monitors for well over 40 years in the medical field. When it goes fuzzy I get extra frustrated. 😠
They are still in the process of trying to help me out and I have had a ticket number for weeks. Only whilst using their app. All other apps on my Roku, on all of my Other Roku‘s, work perfectly. One representative informed me that it is a “known issue“. 🤔🙄

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I couldn't get anyone to understand what I was talking about. Keep me posted. I started noticing it a while ago after the first big upgrade they did with the app. The app was buggy especially the menus and lag time. All my other apps work too. I'm going to try the other roku I have see if it's both.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Are you still having an issue? Mine is still awful especially when watching sports.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Every channel. This wasn't happening before a couple months ago. Amazon hulu disney all crystal clear. This is an Xfinity app issue. I'm just going to go a different direction unless xfinity gets the app updated. It's been buggy since I've had it but not the picture quality. Now that the quality isn't there might as well try a different offering.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Cwfrederick2 wrote:
Are you still having an issue? Mine is still awful especially when watching sports.

what is the output setting on your Roku? (1080p?) what is the network call letters that is blurry? some local networks are 1080i which have to be converted from interlaced to progressive. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

4 years ago

Hello All, thanks for reaching out to us on our Forums page. We appreciate you all being customers with us and I am sorry about the connection issues you all have been experiencing with the Stream app on your Roku. I would be more than happy to further look into this. 

Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message". 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same problem Comcastamira.  Please help!! 🙂 It's been AWFUL the past few weeks on Roku.  I can't find where to send you a message.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@davidbaileye wrote:

I am having the same problem Comcastamira.  Please help!! 🙂 It's been AWFUL the past few weeks on Roku.  I can't find where to send you a message.

while you are logged in here to the forums click on her username on her own post. top right will be an envelope to send a private message.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having the same problem. The roku streaming is now so bad that I'm looking into cancelling my TV service altogether.  Every other streaming app on my roku comes thorugh in HD or 4K.  So frustrating.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same with me @ComcastAmira.

I have had 2 technicians come out and they have come to the conclusion that the problem is the app. I have a Roku Ultra hardwired to my Xfinity modem ant the issue with a blurry screen ONLY occurs with the Stream App. Specificaly with local TV stations. News, sports, etc. Even the "live evictions" on Big Brother. CBS. Resolution starts out great, then about 10 seconds later, drops to a lower resolution.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here