Monday, November 14th, 2022 11:47 PM

Closed

Audio and video out of sync

Xfinity app on ROKU, audio and video not in sync

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @Sloppyhawgs and thank you for reaching out. I know how important it is to fix your audio and video sync. Have you tried resetting the modem and TV? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Audio out of Synchronization with the Video ..... Have reset the main box at least 6 times in the last 3 weeks , disconnected the power to the TV Boxes for at least a minute and repower and it still will not synch the audio to the video... very frustrating because your support on your troubleshooting site takes one down a dead end alley.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hey, @jpasaye! Thanks for posting on our Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the audio and that your troubleshooting attempts have been unsuccessful. Definitely, not the experience we would like you to have. I'd be happy to take a deeper look and check what's going on. Could you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address? 

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have (4) TV's using the Roku Ultra devices and( 1) Xfinity main box in my home that were working fine for "years". A few months ago we started to have audio sync problems or audio loudness issues would occur. These audio issue are as follows:

1. TV is on for some period of time ( could be 20 minutes or 3 hours) then the audio would drop in level or increase in level to the point where it would be blasting.

2. TV is on for some period of time then the audio becomes distorted. 

3. TV is on for some period of time then the video leads the audio by as much as 4-7 seconds. This is not a minor sync issue. 

Temporary fixes to date:

1. When the problem occurs, we step off channel then return back to the desired channel and problem is corrected for some period. 

2. Reset all devices in the chain including Asus router, Netgear modem & Xfinity box. Router and modem both certified to work with Xfinity. Reset preformed several times.

3. Had Xfinity service technician at home to diagnose problem and reset Xfinity equipment. 

System setup from Xfinity demarcation:

Xfinity cable to Netgear cable modem, Cat 6 cable from cable modem to Asus router, Cat 6 cable from router to  Netgear multi port switched (unmanaged), Cat 6 cable to all Roku devices. 

Problem Solver

• 

339 Messages

Hey there, @user_7700a4

Thank you for reaching out to the Comcast Digital Care Team via our Xfinity Forums! I am sorry to hear you are also experiencing issues with the audio and video being out of sync. I'd love the opportunity to look further into the account. Could you please send me a direct message?

To send a direct message:

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I have the Roku streaming stick and my audio/video is out of sync as well. Isn't it amazing how IRRITATING that is? I am not talking about a little lag either, no amount of turning on/off the router/tv does anything to improve it.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I'v reached out to Roku for assistance in resolving this ongoing issue. Funny how Xfinity moves from their beta software to the most recent version and suddenly we have problems. BTW, I don't have this issue with any other streaming channel JUST XFINITY.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

We received your Direct Message, @user_7700a4. We look forward to assisting there. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

This is a constant issue I deal with as well while watching playback recordings through the Xfinity app but on my IPhone not my tv. I can sometimes click out of recording and go back to it and it will be fine but most of the time it won’t work once it gets to the stuck part of the playback. This is a definite issue within the app.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I think many ppl expect that they do this on purpose to try to make people pay for cable boxes. 

Contributor

• 

184 Messages

1 year ago

This is a known and ongoing issue since October. Xfinity was working on it, then 2 months ago said it was a Roku issue and Roku was taking responsibility and stated a new OS that was released last month, well the new OS is out and still occurs so now it is back to the drawing board for Xfinity to revise their app.  You can follow the thread I started back in November:  https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-app/stream-app-volume-fluctuations-low-to-really-loud/636fbc0192a15b227c296728

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here