KenGoe's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 3rd, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

Apple TV with Xfinity Stream app

I installed Apple TV and linked it to my Visio TV.  I registered my Xfinity account in Apple TV but I cannot see any live channels,  Example:  I can watch NBC news on Apple TV but it’s a day old version.   I can watch live NBC on the iPad but not on Apple TV.

What do I neeed to do to watch live TV on Apple TV?

thank you, 

Ken

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I agree!

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, daved20 and Eholterhoff. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. If you have an Instant TV package you should be getting 20 hours of cloud DVR space to use. As for the recording of a show, you should be able to go to Live TV select a future dated show and then it should present you with the option to record the show or the series. Please let us know if you are still not seeing these options.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

5 years ago

I second your remarks. I run Roku on all my TVs. I also have ATVs. Wish xfinity ran on Apple, but watch movies via ATV. No xfinity boxes. Watch/record xfinity for $90 per month

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

5 years ago

IMO the Hulu GUI gets old. Switched to Hulu, then YouTube TV and back to xfinity. Hulu and YouTube lack 5.1. Xfinity does.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Their ROKU app is in beta since it has come out. Do expect to see a Apple TV app. The ROKU app is buggy since day one.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

But the starz app won’t work. Xfinity blocks that.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

5 years ago

Roku guide is so slow.................... 🐌.   Why I am looking for ATV version.   The xfinity beta app on Samsung TV is super fast.  But I have 4 TVs and only one Samsung.  ☹️

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

It’s another 20 dollars but Philo has all the networks that xfinity cut off. Stream live and on demand. Never had a problem. All the networks xfinity does not want you to have. You can.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@mpac wrote:
I am surprised to see Apple TV not supported. Don't want to setup a Roku. Don't want to buy a new TV. Xfinity has a decent offer here but device compatibility needs to change for Stream to be competitive.

apple doesn't seem interested 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am surprised to see Apple TV not supported. Don't want to setup a Roku. Don't want to buy a new TV. Xfinity has a decent offer here but device compatibility needs to change for Stream to be competitive.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

Its not apple . Its xfinity. They don’t even allow you to log and watch in to the starz app. Xfinity cannot be found when selecting your provider. Every body else is except xfinity.
They can’t even get the infos right..

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Eholterhoff wrote:
Its not apple . Its xfinity. They don’t even allow you to log and watch in to the starz app. Xfinity cannot be found when selecting your provider. Every body else is except xfinity.
They can’t even get the infos right..

you are showing the Samsung beta stream app? when you select live TV is the guide on the right timezone showing proper channels/shows for the current time?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

When will the App BE ON APPLE TV?????

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@bzell wrote:

When will the App BE ON APPLE TV?????

nothing announced at all - you can use an inexpensive Roku in the meantime.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Is Comcast looking into adding the app to Apple TV. People are asking as Apple TV integrates the whole tv viewing experience! Really disappointed so far with Xfinity, seems to be more money than other providers for a inferior product.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here