stvn78's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Sunday, December 4th, 2022 6:56 PM

Closed

All records are "In-progress recordings..."

Fire TV Xfinity Stream v6.20.0.013. This has always worked when I take the stick elsewhere. A couple days ago, even recordings made weeks ago says, "In-progress recordings are only available on your in-home WiFi."

On the same network, the app on my phone plays the recordings without a problem. Finding the "TV-Go" option plays fine on the stick.

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

After a few more days--I forget the exact date--it started working again for me, too. Someone mentioned they got spoke with someone who identified an issue on Xfinity's end. It looks like it's fixed.

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same problem since 12/2. I am unable to watch any DVR recordings on the Xfinity stream app and get an error message that in-progress recordings can only be watched on in-home wifi despite these being old recordings. None of the recordings are in progress. I am also unable to watch on my browser on my phone since Xfinity.com/stream redirects me to the app which doesn't work. Coincidentally I got a new main cable box on 12/2, so I initially thought it was related, but since I can watch on a laptop, it's definitely related to the app. I spent hours on the phone with Xfinity customer service today and their advanced technical support finally said it was an outage with the app. They have no timeline for a fix. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Emssodo​ I started having this problem yesterday. I'm usually able to watch recordings anywhere. I try to catch up with my shows at work. They are old recordings. And when I try to chat with someone online it says the site isn't available. When I get home the app I'm my phone works. Pointless to watch on my phone if I'm home already. 

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

I completely agree that to only be able to access DVR recordings on the app from home is completely pointless and defeats the purpose of having an app on a phone that is mobile!  It is even more frustrating that you can't stream from the xfinity.com/stream website on a phone since there is a pop-up that requires you to use the (broken) app.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

the same thing is happening to me since this update and i can watch live tv just none of my recordings, which totally defeats the purpose

Official Employee

• 

330 Messages

Hello @Anayasara2009 We appreciate you taking the time to reach out ot us today. I know how important it is to ensure you can access your recordings and I'd be happy to troubleshoot to get this resolved. 

Please send me a DM with your name and full address by doing the following: 

Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page.
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@stvn78. I can work on putting in a ticket with you for this issue to bring attention to it. This helps with a fix for our repair team. 

1. Is it all recordings that give the message?

2. What model Firestick do you have?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

i am having the same issue. I tried calling and I keep getting transferred. I got transferred to xfinity mobile because I am using my xfinity mobile device while using the app. All of a sudden I can't watch anything on xfinity stream. I have the cable, internet, cell phone, alarm system.. I am going to be furious if they are trying to all of a sudden make you pay extra. We need answers ASAP!!

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

It appears the issue is fixed on the app now. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

We are having the same issue.  All recordings are sating they're "in-progeess" even though they're days, weeks, months old.  Any solution? - We've uninstalled and reinstalled app with no luck.

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

@user_c2c80f​ Unfortunately, no solution yet (or probably ever with Xfinity!).  We've also unstilled and reinstalled the app several times, restarted the main cable box, and even tried using the app to sign in to another family member's Xfinity DVR records to make sure it was not just our box, and the problem persists. 

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

@user_c2c80f​ It appears the issue is fixed on the app now. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I have same issue.  All recordings and uninstalled and reinstalled app.  Any solutions?

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

@user_c2c80f​ Unfortunately, no solution yet (or probably ever with Xfinity!).  We've also unstilled and reinstalled the app several times, restarted the main cable box, and even tried using the app to sign in to another family member's Xfinity DVR records to make sure it was not just our box, and the problem persists. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @user_c2c80f! I love using the Xfinity Stream app when I'm not around my cable box so I'd be reaching out if this was happening to me! I'm happy to troubleshoot with you and make a ticket to ensure our engineers are aware that you are being affected. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address to get started. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Having the same issue. Frustrating!!!

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

@user_bafc68​ It appears the issue is fixed on the app now. 

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

@user_bafc68 We'd be happy to help with this! Is this happening with all recordings? Or just certain ones? And of course, as a start here, had you begun any troubleshooting as far as removing and reinstalling the app to your device?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

i am so furious I can't watch my shows on my phone away from home. I can't get help over the phone. They keep transferring me without hearing my story. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_e5bb21​ have you trying calling them. I am furious as well.. They keep transferring me, and then disconnected me. I know they understand what I am saying. 

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

I also spent hours on the phone with customer service on 12/4. It was the usual millions of transfers and then asking me to uninstall the app, restart my phone, and reinstall the app multiple times. Obviously none of that worked. I also tried to explain to them that it was a problem on all of my family members' phones not just one. They also tried the restart your cable box and modem several times and system refresh merry go round which also didn't work. I have a chat going with someone in the Xfinity Stream app, and they say they are aware of the issue and  "working on it", but don't know when it will be fixed. You'd think this might be a priority since it essentially renders their app useless.

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

We understand the frustration with the situation. Our team is working to resolve this. I will continue to monitor. I have it set to follow up here tomorrow/. Hang in there, I know we will get it working properly again. Look forward to catching back up. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

It seems like this should be a high priority issue to rectify since every Xfinity customer is affected and irate.  It's almost been a week (at least).  Kicking the can down the road day by day is not acceptable.  

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

@user_e5bb21​ It appears the issue is fixed on the app now. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here