U

Monday, October 2nd, 2023 3:56 AM

Closed

800 HD channel jumps to 1400 channel

I only use the 800HD channels on my Roku sticks. For some reason it has been jumping me to 1400 channels. They also appear to be HD channels, but they are not in the same order that I've been using for years. I do not know why it is jumping me to the 1400 channels as I have never scrolled down that far and didn't even know they exist. If I turn off my Roku stick and TV for the night on the 800 channel when I turn it back on it says last watched and takes me to the 1400 channel. Why is it doing this? I just want to keep to the channels and the lineup that I know. It takes forever to get back to the 800 800 channels because I can't just punch in the number on the Roku remote. I have to scroll back down to the 800s. Please tell me how to stop this.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I Have the exact same issue with four tv’s. Someone please help, this is annoying!9

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hi there, @samuelthomas! I am sorry to hear that the last watched channel is going so far ahead in the guide. I wouldn't like scrolling for a long time either. Do you have any filters set up as mentioned in our previous comment?

The channels in the 1000's are usually another HD feed, giving you 2 for the same channel in a lot of instances. Is the guide opening up on the same network you were watching just on the higher channel number or is it a different network that comes up? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

I do have it filtered for HD channels. To answer the question about the network, yes, it is usually the same network that I was watching, just on a higher (1400) channel. I wouldn’t care if that was the only channel that I watched, but when I change channels the other channels are not in the same order in the 1400s as the 800s. I end up scrolling back to the 800s instead of blindly scrolling through the 1400 channels. 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I've had the same thing happen for a couple of weeks now. On all of my roku's

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, at @user_tz12vw and all! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the issues you are running into with the channel guide not starting on the correct last channel you were watching and in the upper 1400s. I just opened my Xfinity Stream app on my Roku devices and it looks like it starts me off in the 200s. Have you checked your filtered preferences to make sure there are no extra settings in there? Mine is only set up to filter HD content.

5 Messages

Yes, it is set up to filter for HD channels. However, the 1400s are also HD so it's technically not wrong, but I do not know why it is happening. Again, I've never scrolled to the channels outside of the 800s so there would be no reason for it to jump there. Seems like it is happening to others as well so there appears to be some glitch in the Xfinity matrix.

1 Message

11 months ago

I have the same jumping channel from 800's to the 1000's or 1200's version of the 800 channel.  Super annoying to have to scroll back.  Roku on LG TV,

5 Messages

I definitely agree. It's not fast and it's every time I restart.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_qtxuyh What troubleshooting steps have been taken to correct this issue? For example, have you removed and reloaded the app? Does Roku give options to clear the app's data similar to what the Fire Stick does for better performance? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

11 months ago

Same here. Xfinity employee is not listening or understanding the situation. This is not a filter issue or a weird one-off. Xfinity changed something and is forcing users to use channels in the 1400s, bc they are the same nationwide. My local channel guide is in the 100-200s, HD. No matter if I scroll back down, or mark them all as favorites, if I click on Last Watched, my 267 channel is now showing as 1409. I cannot even find my local channels. I can't find anything because they're are now spread acrosse hundreds of channels. My Xfinity box is still set to my regional channel guide, so why doesn't my stream work the same. Again, this is NOT a preference issue. It's the stream app itself - it's Xfinity doing this. So how do we change it back?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_Tbok, thanks for your comment. Most of the time when you see a change in your channel number your Xfinity equipment automatically switches from standard def to high def. 

3 Messages

So my HD channels have always been in the 800s and they are saved as my favorites in the 800s..but when I go to another channel the next time I go back to that channel its now a channel in the 1400s or 1200s

Ive deleted the app..turned all filters off and it still does not matter.

(edited)

2 Messages

@XfinityPeterH​ My 100-200 channels are in HIGH DEFINITION. Please read my comment again. Chanel 267 is FX HD. When I click on last, it switches to 1409, also FX HD. Same channel. Same HD. But I am not hundreds and hundreds of channels away from the assigned channels that Xfinity (Comcast) has provided to me for 15 years. See all the other comments in the thread that have the SAME problem. We are misunderstanding how to use High Def.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_Tbok, I understand what you are talking about, I have a Roku TV and use the Stream app. You have done a great job of describing the issue. The way our channel lineup works is that we have it broken down into categories. Here is how that looks if you have the X1 or you are using the guide on Xfinity Stream. 

1-999: Not grouped/not genre-specific channels
1000-1099: Local broadcasters (i.e. ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, etc.) and basic channels (shopping, religious, etc.)
1100-1199: News
1200-1399: Sports
1400-1499: Entertainment
1550-1599: Music Choice
1600-1649: Entertainment
1650-1749: Kids and Family
1750-1799: Movies
1800-1899: Premium channels
1880-1899: Adult and Buffer channels
3101-3294: International channels

The other option is that you can set favorites on your Roku remote, turn off HD preferred, and select changes based on that. I hope this helps. Let us know if you have other questions. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_562748​ same problem for months and months. Xfinity just doesn’t understand or care

1 Message

11 months ago

i have the same issue and it just started a few weeks ago.  Happens on all my Roku sticks.  I’ll be watching a channel in the 800s and then I go to the guide and it is the same channel, but now in the 1400s.

1 Message

11 months ago

Same issue. Very annoying. 

Official Employee

• 

810 Messages

@user_07t4xc we would be happy to help you address this concern. Just to clarify are the HD channels in the 800s still available for you as well as the 1400 HD Channel variant?

3 Messages

11 months ago

I have the same issue watching Xfinity stream on Roku. Started a few weeks ago. very annoying.

3 Messages

The primary issue is when you select "LAST WATCHED" when using Xfinity Stream on Roku.. Up until a few weeks ago, it behaved the same as when watching using Xfinity X1 box. Now when you select LAST WATCHED, it does not display the most recent channel numbers in the 1-999 range. Instead, it displays the last watched networks, but with the channel numbers automatically converted into the 1000-and up range. This forces users to tune into the 1000-and up range, or scroll back down into the 1-999 range every time to change the channel. Xfinity Stream on Roku does not let you key a channel number directly. Using the X1 box, the Last Watched feature does not behave this way so users need to memorize two different channel ranges for Xfinity. 

Official Employee

• 

853 Messages

@user_5p6vw4 Our team can help you with your Xfinity Stream with Roku issues. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

This response did not explain why the change was made to the xfinity stream app, or whether it will be changed back to the way the xfinity x1 box works for the "LAST WATCHED" channel feature, or whether the X1 boxes will soon be changed to work like the app now does.

Official Employee

• 

853 Messages

@user_5p6vw4 Our team can help you if you want to send us a DM to look further into this. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Xfinty just wants to annoy you so you rent their boxes.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

Useless help from xfiity

Visitor

• 

1 Message

this problem also hit my setup a month or so ago. i've tried everything to get back to using the HD channels in the 800 range. this is definitely a change done on the Xfinity side. i just installed a Fire TV stick to try it out for other apps and the Xfinity streaming app works correctly with it, no problem using the the 800 range of channels and them sticking. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey, @jkilcher0! Thanks for leaving a comment with your similar concerns. I'd love to see what we can do to resolve this for anyone currently affected! To clarify, the issue of jumping from channels in the 800 range to channels in the 1400 range only happens with "Last Watched" on the Roku, and not live TV or other devices like the Fire Stick?

1 Message

8 months ago

My workaround was to use the search feature.  I searched for my local channel in the 200 range and the search stays there unless I clear it.  So when my channel changes to the 1400s I go back to the search and select my 200 channel from that.  Someone at Xfinity changed the app and if the channels replicated the way they are in the lower numbered channels I wouldn’t care but they don’t.  Not an ideal fix but easier than scrolling through hundreds of channels. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here