lmacmil's profile

Contributor

• 

146 Messages

Mon, Jan 3, 2022 2:16 PM

Where's my Visa gift card? Incentive not showing up in tracker

I bought two iPhones in October to replace Google Pixels on existing XM lines.  The promo was for a $300 Visa gift card (for each) to be mailed 4-6 weeks after activation. The full price of the phones would be added to my monthly bill over 24 months. To date, I have not received the gift cards and neither shows up in the Xfinity incentive tracker.  I had online chats with 2 different Xfinity employees who confirmed my eligibility.  One said the gift cards would be mailed 90 days after activation.  Two weeks ago I called the incentive status number and a ticket was created and I was told it would take 5-7 business days.  I called today and the bot told me there was no ticket on file on my account!  I am now awaiting yet another callback but expect my frustration to continue.  I need help from one of the Xfinity employees who monitor this forum.  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

lmacmil

Contributor

• 

146 Messages

21 d ago

Today (1/5/2022)my rebate finally showed up in the incentive tracker.  The message said:  "We hope you're enjoying your service! Good news, you've hit the mile marker for your $600 Prepaid Card. You can expect your Prepaid Card  within the next 2-4 weeks, and we'll update the status when it ships."

This was for the promotion that ran in October for iPhones 11 and 13.  The full price would be added to the monthly bill spread out over 24 months and a $300 Visa gift card (for each phone) would be shipped in 4-6 weeks.  I bought 2 phones and activated them on November 11th and 14th.  After about 5 weeks there was nothing showing up in the incentive tracker.  I did 2 online chats, both of which confirmed I was eligible for this promotion and that the gift cards would be shipped 90 days after activation but neither could explain why they were not appearing in the incentive tracker.  I then called the incentive tracker phone number and a ticket was created about 12/21.  (I waited about 40 minutes for the callback.)  I called again on 1/3 and the bot said there was no record of that ticket.  I had to wait about 50 minutes for the callback.  As noted in my previous post, I was told the rebates were approved on 12/29 and “went into processing” this week.  It would appear that the rebates don't show up in the incentive tracker until they are processed.  And it also appears that processing takes 6 weeks or longer, probably due to the sheer volume.

Based on the number of posts in this forum, a number of people are having the same issue.  I know how frustrating this is.  Don't give up!

1/6/22 update:  I received a pre-recorded phone call from Xfinity today saying that my prepaid Visa cards would be shipped within 14-21 days!

(edited)

XfinityAbbie

Official Employee

• 

774 Messages

23 d ago

@lmacmil I am sorry to hear you are experiencing these frustrations.

Xfinity Mobile support via this platform is currently limited, and we only have access to help with general questions about pricing, service offers, and basic troubleshooting available on https://comca.st/3qM7zN1.

Since your issue is more specific and regarding the status of a gift card, I would recommend contacting our Xfinity Mobile team directly. You can contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods for account specific issues:

lmacmil

Contributor

• 

146 Messages

@XfinityAbbie I have had two phone calls and two chats and that has not resolved my issue.  I have seen messages on this forum from other Xfinity employees that indicated they could provide assistance on this same issue, which many people are having.  The phone system makes it difficult to speak to an actual person and the bots are no help at all.  It's pretty clear to me that Xfinity is not equipped to handle the volume of responses they get to their promotions.  And it appears they don't care.

Edit:  I got a callback after about 50 minutes and was told the rebates were approved on 12/29 and “went into processing” this week.  I am hoping this is correct.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

23 d ago

Similar issue here. The offer was shown on Dec but disappeared now.

Official Employee

• 

102 Messages

Hey there, @user_f4520f! I saw your other (original) public post, and have responded there to further assist with this issue. Thank you for reaching out to the community with your concerns!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

13 d ago

I am a new Xfinity Mobile customer, In order to switch from my existing provider I was offered a 300$ prepaid gift card. A few weeks ago I checked my status and saw that it was in process. I checked again today and it cannot be found. I tried the online chat and calling. 

Official Employee

• 

431 Messages

Hello, @UserXFin12345. Thanks for reaching out about needing help with this gift card. For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and sometimes posting on an old thread can delay getting help. 

I do have to apologize though; due to account security reasons we cannot help with this issue over social media. For assistance with this matter, please give us a call at 1 (888) 936-4968 or chat online at https://comca.st/3quXzcg and one of our experts will be happy to look into this for you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

12 d ago

I have a similar matter. I upgraded my phone for the 13 pro max and was offered a promotion that was never received. The phone was on back order. Once I received it, I turned in my old phone (two weeks later). At that time (11/30), I was told that I would receive a $400-$450 dollar visa prepaid along with the phone value. I received the check for phone value but no prepaid gift card. I went to the store that promised the gift card. They reached out to incentives and said that the promotion was found and although it wasn’t available at the current time, I was eligible back when I traded. The representative gave me a ticket number and told me that I would receive the card within two weeks. I have received nothing. I’m on the phone with xfinity and the representative is telling me that I am not eligible and I will not get anything. I would not have upgraded had I known that I wouldn’t get the visa prepaid to help. I feel that xfinity has lied to me to get me to upgrade and is not keeping their word or promise of reward. I’ve paid off old phones and paid my bills. I should be rewarded

lmacmil

Contributor

• 

146 Messages

@user_a53e02

What did your order receipt say?  My receipt stated I would receive the $300 Visa card right as part of the sale.  Although my situation has been (apparently) resolved, my receipt is proof that I bought the phones under a promotion.   Good luck.

As of 1/12/22, the incentive tracker shows the status as "shipped."

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 d ago

THEY DELETE ONCE YOU START CALL OR TRACE THE INCENTIVE 

New to the Community?

Start Here