lmacmil's profile

Contributor

• 

224 Messages

Monday, January 3rd, 2022 2:16 PM

Closed

Where's my Visa gift card? Incentive not showing up in tracker

I bought two iPhones in October to replace Google Pixels on existing XM lines.  The promo was for a $300 Visa gift card (for each) to be mailed 4-6 weeks after activation. The full price of the phones would be added to my monthly bill over 24 months. To date, I have not received the gift cards and neither shows up in the Xfinity incentive tracker.  I had online chats with 2 different Xfinity employees who confirmed my eligibility.  One said the gift cards would be mailed 90 days after activation.  Two weeks ago I called the incentive status number and a ticket was created and I was told it would take 5-7 business days.  I called today and the bot told me there was no ticket on file on my account!  I am now awaiting yet another callback but expect my frustration to continue.  I need help from one of the Xfinity employees who monitor this forum.  Thanks.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I'm in the situation! We bought four phones on December 27th, and were told that each phone qualified for a $200 Visa gift card. After waiting almost 3 months, I went to my local Xfinity store where I was given a phone number to call the incentive tracker. The person I spoke with (On March 22nd) had nothing on file for me, but gave me a reference acct. and told me that she sent my information to the escalation team. She then said that if I didn't hear back that I should call back by the 14th of April. Well guess what!? I called back on the 14th and the woman (Carrie) said that they were still looking into it, and that it had to be 90 days from activation for them to start processing it. I told her that it's been over 90 days, and the only thing she told me was to call back next week to see if they had started to process the gift cards. Needless to say that I'm angry, frustrated and very disappointed. Customers should not have to go through all this hassle to get something that was promised to them. It makes them and Xfinity look dishonest, and now I'm regretting that I switched phone carriers.

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

Hi, @user_83e8e2. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I can definitely see how something like this would be frustrating. With that said, please know that our Xfinity Mobile Experts will do what they get you some answers in regard to what is going on. Please reach out to our Xfinity Mobile Experts to ensure your concern is addressed. You can reach them by texting or calling 1 (888) 936-4968. Or you can also chat with an expert here. Please let me know if you run into any issues accessing the link. 

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Helpful to see there are other users here who experienced this same issue.  I purchased two iphone 11's under the $300 rebate promise on Oct 28, 2021.  I saved the receipts...which of course xfinity sent to our email without including details of the promotion.  I submitted a ticket to customer service via email, and also via the incentive tracker website (where our incentive is not showing up).  Finally called into the customer service number, which isn't posted on their website....but found via a google search, and after 50 minutes on the phone was told that the promotion was only valid until October 21st.  They offered me a $100 manual credit in place of the $600 rebate we are owed. 

I told them that many have posted to this forum stating the same issue with October device purchases not being in their system.  I'm 5.5 months out from our purchase and am positive that I purchased my iphone 11 x2 via the xfinity website under a promotion good through the end of October.  I will update this to know what resolution xfinity offers, but thus far they are apologetically expecting me to accept $100 because I purchased the phones after what they claim was a promotion ending Oct 21, and their automatic system didn't tag it for a promotion.  (How could I purchase through their website on Oct 28th if the promotion ended the 21st?  We can read, and know that the promotion was current at the time of purchase).  If they don't find a record of the rebate, we will be switching providers this week - you can't simply bow out of a $600 rebate to customers.

Two thoughts for xfinity - 1.  You must include the details of promotional pricing in the receipts you issue customers when they purchase phones on your webstore platform.  Customers are not dumb - we read the fine print regarding eligibility when we purchase and expect a detailed receipt of the transaction as a standard business practice with almost every online retailer.  When you leave out crucial purchase details in a receipt - it's not a real receipt and leads to a lack of accountability to the posted pricing.  OR - quite posting the promotional contract details via tiny pop up windows at the time of checkout.  In the past I have taken screen shots of these do to bad experiences...but opted not to as the promotion in this case was seemingly very straightforward.  But if you do not allow users to export or print those details, and then don't provide them in a receipt there is no way to track that transaction digitally.  This is clearly and intentional part of the business model for comcast - in order to have a record of the promotional obligations users would have to manually screenshot dozens of tiny pop up images and save them manually.  It shows up no where else in our account detail.

2. Create a posted promotion tracker with access to the dates and requirements for rebates or other promotions. If nothing else this would help create a bit more transparency around what seems to be a clear technical problem. This data should be visible on both ends - especially because you do not provide the record of the promotional transaction at the time of purchase via a receipt.  I consistently see records of customer records not being in the existing tracking system...or claiming that the promotion was different then what was posted. 

Anyways, I'm waiting for a call back from customer support and wanted to chime in about my similar experience to the other users who posted here about October 2021 iphone 11 rebates.  

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

Hello and Good Morning, @user_0aff61

Thank You for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support, here on the Community Forum 😀 I’m sorry to read of your experience to date with your $300 rebate. I would be happy to check the status of your ticket and see what information I can gather. Can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I never received my prepaid card for $400.00 last year in May I got the email that it was in the way. I never received the tracking number or the card.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have been waiting patiently since DECEMBER when I switched to Xfinity mobile and was informed I would be receiving a $200 Visa gift card 4-6 weeks after activation. I have called multiple times since it is now MAY 6th and I have yet to receive any communication or answer. My entire experience with Xfinity mobile has been more of a hassle then a positive experience and the fact that I am now almost 5 months into the service and still haven't received my incentive promotion is unacceptable. No one can provide me with an answer as to why I haven't received it, and my ticket has been open for almost a month with no resolution. Any help? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_e07191​ I helped my self and switched carriers. Good riddance to xfinity mobile and their [EDITED: Language] service and customer service. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here