1 Message

Sunday, September 25th, 2022 3:12 AM

Unlock

Want to unlock phone so that I can keep current phone but move to new carrier

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I literally spent 3 hours and 40 minutes in trying to get my iPhone unlocked. My first request was made at 9:48 am. It was finally unlocked at 3:48 four days later.  In the meantime, I talked to 8 Xfinity employees. Four of them told me the phone was unlocked or would be unlocked in 24 hours.  All 8 employees sounded as if they were from India and they were difficult to understand.  I asked to speak to a supervisor but was told that the supervisor was not in and that the supervisor would call me within 48 hours.  That has not occurred. I also went to a local Xfinity store in the process but was told that they could nothing since Apple unlocked the phones.  I have dealt with Xfinity or Comcast for several years and have had internet, cable and moblle phone service with them spending more than $500 per month collectively.  I am moving all my services to other carriers. The reason I asked to have my mobile phone unlocked was that I have bought a vacation home where Xfinity had no cell phone coverage.  I intended to have Xfinity cable and internet in that home but not now.  I was shocked by the total disregard for customer service and the way I was put on hold for long periods of time.  Also, all my service was automatically paid by credit card.  They claimed that I owed a one time fee of $175.31 for some reason that their employee could not explain.  My phone was completely paid for and was not a part of the $175.31.  Customers beware.

Official Employee

• 

555 Messages

Hello @user_c93c60! I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. Our experts can be reached 24/7! Have you tried reaching out by other methods such as chat as well? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
XfinityRay

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

4 months ago

Hello, @user_cae5d3. Thank you for reaching out about unlocking your phone. This link shows How to Unlock an Android Phone Purchased Through Xfinity Mobile. This link shows How to Unlock an iPhone Purchased Through Xfinity Mobile. When you are ready to have it unlocked the Xfinity Mobile team can be reached at:

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: https://comca.st/3LJBmAa.

Official Employee

• 

508 Messages

4 months ago

Good afternoon. I just wanted to follow up with you and verify that you were able to get your phone unlocked and the assistance you needed. -Danielc

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityDanielC​  

No. Same response every time. They resubmit and tell me to wait "Again" for the 5th time but no resolution. Seriously I don't understand why no one has the power to override or do this right away. This is bad service hands down. Don't get Xfinity Mobile to anyone reading this post. Great because they are affordable but as soon as SH!t hits the fan no one can figure anything out.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here