joshua909net's profile

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Monday, September 20th, 2021 4:43 PM

Closed

Unable to set up cellular on Apple Watch

Yesterday unfortunately I had to reset my Apple Watch Series 6 and after setting it up, it does not permit me to set up my cellular plan with it. After tapping "Set Up Cellular Plan" it takes me to an xfinity login. After logging in the process begins to gather information about the device but then fails saying "Sorry, looks like we are having technical difficulties. Please try again." I've been dealing with this for three days and Mobile Support has not been any help at all. Any suggestions?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issue.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_177928 I had to fight to get a Tier 3 on the issue. They ended up removing the watch from the account and re-added on their end. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thank you for your information. I will try that.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi there @user_177928!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you.  Were you able to reach out to our awesome Xfinity Mobile team to get this taken care of?  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityArmand It seems the Xfinity Mobile team can not fix it.

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hi there @user_177928! I am sorry to hear that. Have you attempted to contact Apple to see if they have a work around? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have found a solution that Xfinity failed to assist with.

I had this problem of trying to connect my Apple Watch to cellular and always got the “UH OH, SOMETHING WENT WRONG…” message at the very end. After one month of multiple calls to Xfinity I found the solution, no thanks to the tier 1 or 2 representatives. One vital step you must do on your end is go in to the Settings of your iPhone > Cellular > “Call on other devices “  MUST BE TOGGLE ON !!! the moment I found this feature toggle it on the Watch cellular service started to work Immediately! Once again this is a one of other steps along with making sure your “FaceTime and iCloud” accounts are signed on as well on both devices and you can do so by going to Settings> FaceTime. The first step is pretty much the key to the madness I’ve been going through for a month. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here