U

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Thursday, April 8th, 2021 10:55 PM

Closed

There is no IMAP option only POP

Had to cancel and reload Comcast mail on iPhone 12 and found no option to set it up as an IMAP account only option was POP

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Yes all good now. All my email folders moved over to my iPhone and now all my email folders are synched between my iPad, MacBook, and iPhone. Thanks for your efforts.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Yes all email folders are now synched between iPhone, iPad and MacBook. Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

I'm happy to hear that. Don't forget you can also access your email online using the Xfinity Connect portal if needed. It's nice to have another option to access your communications just in case. There you will find all your great Xfinity connect email features like in the app. We encourage you to post in the forum again if you ever need help. There is a great community of people here ready to help. We truly value you being part of the Xfinity family. I hope you have a great night @.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_bb57ca, thank you for taking the time to reach out in our forum and giving me a chance to help with your email issues. I can definitely help you out and make sure everything is working as it should. Just to make sure we're on the same page, are you attempting to access your Comcast email through our app or website? 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

I’m using the mail icon on my IPhone.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Got it, @user_bb57ca. I understand you are using the iOS Mail App. The following link should break down the steps for the easy set-up https://comca.st/3dPOt2h. Is this the route you took? To confirm, did you already set up the mail client with the IMAP option listed? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

That’s the problem/issue. There is no option for IMAP it only lists a POP account option. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

I did follow these steps and it automatically went to a POP account without ever offering an IMAP option.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Tried it but not successful. Step 4 does not list that an IMAP account is being set up. Incoming services is listed as Port 995. I believe that the IMAP port should be 993.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

I appreciate the follow-up and for keeping me in the loop each step of the way. I know our efforts will go a long way. For some email applications, switching from POP to IMAP is as simple as entering your Comcast email address and password within the settings. Let's try this.

1. Find your email application's Settings or Preferences section on the device that you use to access your Comcast email account.
  2. Choose the option to Add new (IMAP) account...
  3. Enter your Comcast email address and password when prompted, and submit.
  4. You should now see two separate Comcast accounts - POP and IMAP.

Before deleting your POP account, make sure that you move any emails or folders that you wish to save into your new IMAP account. I know this can vary by device, so let me know if this works for you.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

I believe that the Comcast email server is directing new users to POP without an option to select IMAP. What I did was a “back door” way to get access to the IMAP option then add my email account info.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

I'm sorry the previous options did not populate what you needed. We try to make this an easy process, but I apologize we had some hiccups. I appreciate your efforts and cooperation. I see; however, you were able to manually update the changes. Did everything go through without any issues? I want to make sure the email functions as expected.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_bb57ca 

I am facing the same situation.  Care to share what you did?

Thanks

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

The fake domain was text.com You could use any.com with a fake email name to get an option for IMAP or POP accounts. Then manually add the incoming Comcast service name imap.Comcast.net and you should be good to go.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for responding.  I accidentally stumbled on a fix.  When creating the New Account next to the Description heading, "Comcast" was automatically filled in.  I overwrote that with the name of my email account, identical to what I entered next to the Email heading.

Hope that made sense.  Thanks again.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Great! Glad you found a fix!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here