MrHo's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, March 2nd, 2019 9:00 PM

Closed

Problem with MMS since update to android pie

I have a galaxy s9 which recently updated to android pie. Ever since, I've been unable to send or receive MMS messages....regular texts work fine. I've gone thru several online trouble shooting steps without success. Other forms of mobile data work fine. One of the online trouble shooting steps suggested checking the APN in carrier settings. However, when I attempted to check the settings the screen says "Access Point Names not available for this user". Is this normal? What else can I do short of completely wiping my phone and starting from scratch? Are there network settings on the carrier side that need to be changed?

Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Please keep us informed of any updates! Thank you

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

If you turn off WiFi the MMS will come through. No need to turn on data. At least it works for me until a fix. After I turn it off and get the text it seems to automatically turn back on.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

So what's going on with this problem? Someone posted awhile back about a fix coming in a couple weeks and still nothing. I have the S8+ and been a couple months now where I can't use my $3 Textra app without having to keep switching Data off and on. I tried using Verizon app, but that thing is horrible. Getting outright disgusted with this Pie update and wished I never updated the darn thing and could go back to Oreo that worked just fine.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Try just turning off the wifi. I used to turn on the data to get them but found that I just needed to turn off and on the wifi. Now I don't use data.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

So what's going on with this problem? Someone posted awhile back about a fix coming in a couple weeks and still nothing. I have the S8+ and been a couple months now where I can't use my $3 Textra app without having to keep switching Data off and on. I tried using Verizon app, but that thing is horrible. Getting outright disgusted with this Pie update and wished I never updated the darn thing and could go back to Oreo that worked just fine.

M0710NM4N, are you saying you're unable to send MMS via textra as well? Do you get an error message when attempting to do so via Textra? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

You are correct, will not send or receive MMS on Wifi with Textra. I have to turn on data for it to work. The only error I get is saying Failed: Tap to resend when using Textra. Whats weird about this problem, is that on the Samsung forums it seems to be only Xfinity users complaining about the issue. I nor anyone else having the problem has noticed anyone on another network complaining about it. I wish I had not updated to Pie or that I had the S10+ which doesn't seem to be having the problem on Pie.

Regular Contributor

• 

169 Messages

5 years ago

Try using the Verizon messages plus app don't need WiFi or data. I'm pretty sure i found the issue in the IMS settings. But I'm on verizon now so i can't test

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

I already use the Verizon app and I hate it. I want to be able to use Textra. So frustrating I wish I had just got the phone so I can return it.

Regular Contributor

• 

169 Messages

5 years ago

Yea my wife and i don't like it either since we swapped to Verizon it works again so we were able to go back to the stock app

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I installed the Verizon Message app, and MMS works fine with mobile data off. App itself is okay; it's very customizable, but I've had some annoying issues with the notification tone settings. It's better than having to turn data on with the Samsung text program though; I'm on Xfinity Mobile, and I save $12 on every bill if I use less than 100mb of data a month a month though, so the Verizon app will do until the default one and my s8+ decide they like Pie, lol.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.verizon.messaging.vzmsgs

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

When did your update come through and can you share which version of the software you have installed and which messaging app works with MMS?

Regular Contributor

• 

169 Messages

5 years ago

I'm still on nougat on mine. Its always worked for me. Its the pie update that broke it

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

You are correct, will not send or receive MMS on Wifi with Textra. I have to turn on data for it to work. The only error I get is saying Failed: Tap to resend when using Textra. Whats weird about this problem, is that on the Samsung forums it seems to be only Xfinity users complaining about the issue. I nor anyone else having the problem has noticed anyone on another network complaining about it. I wish I had not updated to Pie or that I had the S10+ which doesn't seem to be having the problem on Pie.

M0710NM4N, thanks for the details. Can you go into Textra and then hit settings-->MMS-->CarrierSendLimit-->600KB and retest? 

Ken

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Well, recently discovered another serious issue. Samsung messages is the only messaging app that works in Samsung dex mode!
Will you fix it?
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here