ecke1964's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Oct 13, 2020 11:00 AM

Porting From OOMA to Xfinity Mobile Nightmare

Anybody have any luck porting Their number from OOMA to Xfinity Mobile? It`s been a nightmare, every port request that Xfinity Mobile submits to OOMA get rejected with error Customer information does notMatch. OOMA is clueless on how to complete the request. If you had luck port away from OOMA please share with me on how what steps you used to sucessfully port your number to Xfinity Mobile.

Thanks,

Responses

New Poster

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

Same issue here. So far it seems like Ooma wants you to use 1(xxx)xxx-xxxx , your primary ooma phone number as the account number. They say that there is no pin. But Xfinity Mobile requires a pin so they use 0000 but that gives and error "6C". Hoping that a 3 way call will resolve it.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

Xfinity mobile was no help, Ooma no help, they blame each other, Ooma blames Xfinity Mobile Xfinity Mobile blames Ooma. 3 weeks of calling both everyday, no one would budge. It`s was a Mexican stand off. Pulled the plug with Xfinity Mobile and went with T-Mobile. Porting with T-Mobile

took 3 weeks, but it was slow on Ooma`s end. At least it worked, just took time. T-Mobile had no errors porting my number.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 m ago

I had success porting from Ooma to Xfinity mobile, but it wasn't easy.   I spent about 6 hours on the phone and chats with Ooma and Xfinity over the course of a week.   Here's what I learned. 

• Your Ooma account number is your phone number with a 1 in front of it.
  • Ooma swears it doesn't use a pin to port, but they eventually assigned me a port out pin as I read on a forum that this might help.   I don't think it mattered at the end of the day, but I did have a port out pin.
  • Ooma uses a carrier - use a website like https://www.carrierlookup.com/ to see who holds your number and make sure you inform xfinity mobile of this (this was a big hurdle for me as Xfinity's interface didn't list my carrier - neutral tandem/Inteliquent)  
  • Xfinity mobile's carrier is Verizon so your port out really goes to Verizon as I understand it.  
  • once you try without success using Xfinity's website and talking to an Xfinity mobile rep who will reenter all your info.   Have them give you the port out request #.    While it is technically the incoming service's obligation to get the info to complete the port,  I had better luck working with Ooma (and better luck using Ooma chat and emails).   
  • Tell the Ooma rep the port out request number and if possible get an order ID#.   Ooma will likely tell you there is no port out request, but ask them to double check with their carrier.   After much back and forth, Ooma finally got Inteliqhent to find the port out request and it was manually approved ( that is when Ooma gave me the order ID#).   I then relayed the info back to Xfinity mobile and the port went through the following day as scheduled by Inteliquent. 

Good luck!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I am trying to port in a number from TELLO to Xfinity and it is also a nightmare. I requested PORT in online and no response since 10 days. So called Xfinity customer service thrice and provide the information again. They said they escalated my case and I will get some response in an hour. No one called me entire day. Next day (7/7/21) I called customer service again and they told me that the number in system which is being ported in different than the one I mentioned (I mentioned the same number online and earlier 3 times still they are seeing some different number). Also seems like Xfinity moved their customer service to China who were not able to understand my English well and customer service agents do not have any authority for any exception. I am Xfinity customer since 5+ years and had great experience. This is first time that I am having such a horrible experience and I am frustrated.

Official Employee

• 

179 Messages

Hey, @user_2cdff3 Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here and share your recent experience. We never want you to have this type of concern when it comes to getting your service or your number ported over to us. We value all of our customers and their time and being with us for 5+ years certainly means a lot to us! We are corporate employees who operate online and we are here to help you through this. May I confirm if this is a Xfintiy Mobile service you are porting to or a home phone just to be sure, please?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here