U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 5th, 2022 12:09 AM

Closed

Number won't port from TMobile

I am leaving t-mobile for xfinity, we upgraded one phone and that number ported fine...but my phone, which I'm keeping and bringing with me won't allow my number to port...spent about an hour with a t-mobile rep and their customer service and porting dept...the ISSUE lies with xfinity, there are no blocks on my number. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @user_e81212, we need to take the right actions to get your number ported over from T-Mobile. We are grateful to have you as a customer and we are thrilled you signed up for Xfinity Mobile! We are not yet equipped to support Xfinity Mobile over forums. Have you already called us at 1 (888) 936-4968 and worked with our chat team here? https://comca.st/35LOPqA

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I recently tried to switch from T-Mobile to Xfinity and have had a NIGHTMARE experience. I tried to port the number over on May 31st. It's now June 11th and the phone is still not activated. I have called Xfinity customer service countless times and spoken to representatives who always start by saying check with T-Mobile. I've spoken with dozens of T-Mobile reps who all say they sent the number to Xfinity. For a long neither company took responsibility until I forced reps from both companies to speak to each other. It is now clear that T-Mobile ported the number over and for some ridiculous reason Xfinity cannot activate it. EVERY TIME I call get some rep who says the same thing "checking al my tools", goes through all the same motion, blames T-Mobile, finally escalates it to the "highest level" (whatever that means) and tells me I have to wait 24 to 72 hours. EVERY TIME. The line often drops and often no one calls back. Then I have to call the 1-888 number and start all over. I am so frustrated that I have begun yelling a reps in the Philippines (or whenever they are), which is uncharacteristic of me, as it is not their fault. 11 days now and my son has no service to his phone. NO ONE seems to are enough to fix it. I have gone into the Xfinity Mobile stores many times to see if they could help, but it's just a bunch of kids with no clue who end up call the same number I call. Really really low rent!  I am sick of this company's banal excuses and piss poor customer service. I left T-Mobile because the coverage is not good at my son's school and left Verizon before that because they were too expensive. Now I see why Xfinity is cheaper. They cut corners on service. I'm hoping that I can cut through the clutter and get the attention of someone in this company who is competent. I have never been so dissatisfied with a company in my life. REALLY REALL BAD!!! FIX IT Xfinity. As I type this, I am on hold with a supervisor who is asking the same questions and going through the same useless motions. Sigh!!! I need a better option.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_83535b​ Did you ever get this resolved? I'm going through the same thing and wondering if I can just have the number ported to a different carrier or am I going to lose it entirely?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

We went through the same thing. Ended up losing the number after 10 days. We couldn’t wait any longer. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I’ve been dealing with this for over a year, thought it was my iPhone 11, bought an iPhone 13 and still having issues won’t connect to Xfinity hotspots or other Wi-Fi networks on occasion says I’m on Wi-Fi but not, I’ve been using up all of our shared data.  Have spoken with support numerous occasions they say the issue is with my phone number now.  Have tested number on a different phone and tried a new number on iPhone 13 and had no issues  and no one is able to help fix my number and now I have to call every time and explain my story, then they try to fix it and then tell me I need tier 2 and they aren’t even able to help or I get disconnected!   Good luck hope they solve your problem faster than they have resolved mine. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast! I am sorry to hear that you are not able to connect to our Xfinity Hotspots. I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at https://comca.st/3AMaImM where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the same problem, 11 days and number is still not ported over, I have been on the phone for hours , no one knows what they are doing. I wish we had never started this.  We have done everything Xfinity has asked of us. No one calls us back, no one reads the notes then I have to repeat and repeat everytime I call. Now I wonder if the phone service is going to work. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND XFINITY TO ANYONE 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_7950b9​ 

I have had the same experience - the service is terrible.

was your phone number ever ported over?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am experiencing the same thing and I have been taking care of this for days now. This is frustrating. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_e4925e Sorry about that! Have you tried to call in and use our mobile chat yet? Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968 & online chat at https://comca.st/3C384bu;

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

294 Messages

2 years ago

We just did a port from T-Mobile yesterday following the instructions on Xfinity and T-Mobile.  The bit that we got stuck on for a second was the "transfer pin" we needed from T-Mobile - different from the account PIN - and it was not so obvious how to generate it but using their app and instructions we got it done.  Next, the PIN didn't work immediately so we thought we were stuck again and called into T-Mobile, but by the time they were on with us, the PIN worked, and the transfer was done in 10 minutes or less.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here