U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 7:41 PM

Closed

Not getting a $10 discount for my internet after having active mobile plan

I had my internet service feb this year and The customer service offer that if get a mobile plan for as low as $15 I will get additional $10 off on my internet which I did however That discount never applied on my internet called customer service for the internet advised we need to call mobile Xfinity to request for that discount come june still nothing getting the $10 discount on my internet so I called Xfinity mobile this time following the advised of the Xfinity internet. Call the Xfinity mobile rep it was great she notice that the discount did not apply so request a $10 off right away and assure us that the $10 discount will automatically applied on my internet check my bill this June and the $10 discount not showing again so I call mobile billing and the customer service Luisa [Edited: "Language"]. She said she cant apply it that I need to call the internet which I did before advised to check the notes since I called last month for the same reason. The customer service keep on explaining the same thing ask for the reference number so I know that she properly document everything but she did not. I even asked for a supervisor and she said no one available again offer to transfer to Xfinity internet then she hang up very Rude she can’t explain why The last rep from Xfinity mobile can do it while she cant.

she also says before hanging up that $10 discount is for the landline which I know just an excuse since I get a flyer on my mail box offer to get a mobile to get additional $10 off on my internet. It makes Us feel that we’re stupid with the way Luisa Explain as if we don’t know how to comprehend what is written on the flyer. 

anyway. Pls help me, I getting frustrated with this I don’t want to call each month for the $10 discount for my internet the reason why I get the plan is for the $10 discount on my internet. 

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there! For mobile inquiries, we do have our amazing mobile team that can handle your request and you can reach out to our Mobile team through these options: 

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: https://comca.st/3Nd0HD3

Let me know if you have any issues! 

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

2 years ago

Ok let me see if i can help. You signed up for internet in Feb, but when did you activate an xfinity mobile account. Because there is a time limit to this. Next if they said they applied it it may not show up until next billing cycle as the current bill is already printed.  If you followed all guidelines and activated the mobile within eligible time frame for the promo you will get the promo. However I see one error but I may be wrong. Most of the past promos required you to sign up for the Unlimited mobile plan to receive discount. Only the current last 6 weeks promo offers the $10 off for by the Gig and $30 off is you sign up for Unlimited. If you you signed up for the unlimited phone plan and the promo was $30 a month off your internet bill then effectively your paying $15 month for cell service as the $30 credit means you pay out of pocked $15 month. But again if you didn't sign up for Unlimited service then you will get no discount.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Hi

I have the same issue [Edit: Inflammatory]. they don't know and every time I have to explain the whole story to new associate. I sign up for xfinity mobile service just to get $10 discount on my monthly internet and they says that you can't get that discount as this discount doesn't apply to your plan but the associate who enrolled me in mobile service told me that you will get $10 discount every month if you enroll into unlimited talk, text and data. I have 4 lines enrolled that were port out from verizon to xfinity mobile in Aug 2022 but they says we don't know and today again I wasted 3 hours with them and they transffered my call 5 times to different teams with no success. I asked them to listen my call recordings byt thet refused. I will disconnect my mobile service if they do not give $10 discount.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

@zarrar​ Lets get clarity and facts. First there are many internet plans with xfinity that offer a discount on your internet bill if you sign up and port a number from another carrier. But with any promo in life there are certain things you must do within the time frame. First you have to sign up for a plan that offers mobile discount to internet bill. They have three of them. They offer either a $10, $20 or $30 discount on your internet bill if you sign up and activate mobile lines within the time frame Typically 30 days. If you say sign up but don't port within the 30 days then you will not get the discount. Some people sign up for the promotion and don't activate the mobile for months later then say where is my discount. Sorry but it does not work that way. If you look at your original order for internet, it spells out the guidelines. Also when you sign up you receive an email copy of your agreement that spells out the details. Now if you followed all guidelines and you still don't see the credit then reach out to xfinity's and they can add the credit. I would not call the regular xfinity number I would call the Mobile department for the credit as they can see all the facts and details of any promotion you have.

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

Hello @zarrar. Thank you for bringing this issue to our Xfinity Community Forums. I am concerned to read that you are not receiving the discount described to you. 

@user_482455 brings up some great points about the types of promotions and discounts that may be available and ways to ensure your discount applies. (Thank you, @user_482455)

I would love to take a closer look at this for you to see if we can reach a resolution. Please send a private message with your first and last name, as well as complete service address to "Xfinity Support". To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

1. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  2. Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  3. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  4. Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  5. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  6. Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I have to call each month and they still can not make the credit appear automatically.  Last time I was on the for close to 2 hours, going back and forth between xfinity residential and xfinity mobile.  I know I will have to call next month too.  I think they are hoping I will eventually give up.

Official Employee

• 

192 Messages

Hello @duff138, thank you for reaching out to the Xfinity Communities team for support via Forums. We appreciate you bringing your experience with this issue to our attention, so we may find a resolution for everyone. Since your last conversation with the Xfinity mobile rep have you received your new bill to determine if the credit adjustment has taken place automatically? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Not sure yet.  Just got a call from xfinity customer service, in response to my survey I took.  The representative spent time talking with xfinity mobile.  They gave the rep. some crazy excuse that I could only get the $10 credit if I was a new xfinity internet customer, and was signing up then signing up to become a new mobile customer too.  Makes not sense Xfinity mobile knew I was a customer of over 20 years when the called and offered me the mobile deal.  Like I said I think they hope I will just eventually give up on trying to get the credit.

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

@duff138  We don't have access to the Mobile portion for security purposes but we can certainly review the plan and see what we can do as far as the residential side. Can you send us a Direct Message? 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it
See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@duff138​ 

It's a new month and of course my $10.00 credit does not appear on my bill.  Will have to make monthly call tomorrow, hopefully it'll not be a 2 hour call like last months. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@duff138​ SAME EXACT ISSUE. HOURS ON THE PHONE BEING TRANSFERRED BACK AND FORTH

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

do i get a $10.00 discount off my internet service after having an active mobile plan? if so, could you deduct from my account.

Official Employee

• 

330 Messages

Hello @user_d8dfdb We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us today. I know how important it is to ensure you are in the best plan and I'd be happy to see what discounts were included with your plan.  Please send me a DM with your name and full address by doing the following: 

Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page.
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME ISSUE!!!  THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING! I GET THE SAME RUN AROUND BACK AND FORTH EVERY TIME I CALL, THEY TRANSFER YOU BETWEEN MOBILE XFINITY AND REGULAR XFINITY AND BOTH DEPARTMENTS CLAIM THE OTHER DEPARTMENT IS SUPPOSED TO APPLY THE CREDIT!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_1af496​ Agreed. It's seems like a scam. Never work for me. Need a lawyer to file a class action lawsuit against Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here