moosha_loose's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 24th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

iphone SE visual voicemail

Hello,

I recently migrated from an Android phone to an iPhoneSE and I cannot get visual voicemail to work. I found some others on the forum with the same issue that seems to have been resolved by @ComcastChrisL, but he doesn't seem to be active lately. Per the thread, he has been able to reset the voicemail to enable visual voicemail. Can anyone else help? I've tried to address him directly, but do not seem to be able to do so via his personal page.

Thanks,

Michael

Original post:

i can not for the life of me get visual voicemail to work. i have chatted with many people from xfinity and they have no clue. my voicemail tab says call voicemail. no option for visual voicemail and i do not get any notifications either. some one help me please!! @ComcastChrisL are you able to help me please?!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I also have the same problem with my new iPhone 12. I was previously on an T-Mobile Android phone. Now when I try to setup voicemail, there is no "Set Up Now", just "Call Voicemail". My wife's new iPhone 12 has voicemail, but she had an iPhone 6. I think I need your assistance to 're-provision" my phone also. Please let me know the process. Thanks in Advance.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hello @ComcastChrisL - I am sorry to be "replying" on this thread...

I cannot find how to privately message you. I clicked on your profile page but I do not see the option. Can you help me? I have been trying to activate my iPhone Watch for over 2 months with ZERO luck. Please help me!!!!!!

Problem Solver

• 

747 Messages

3 years ago

Here is my suggestion for fixing visual voicemail if you have switched between Android and Apple iOS.

1.) Make sure that the IMEI on your device matches the IMEI on your XM account so that XM knows whether your device is Android or iOS. 

2.) Reset Network Settings. Power Off, then Power On again. 

This probably will not fix the problem for most of you, so you will need to start over as follows:

1.) Call XM at 800-266-2278 and have them remove/inactivate your voicemail

2.) Power off, then Power On again

3.) Now go to Phone > Voicemail and set up your phone (It might say call voicemail)

Here is an old article on iPhone Voicemail https://www.payetteforward.com/iphone-voicemail-use-data-visual-voicemail-explained/

Remember that voicemail uses cellular/carrier data (or WiFi Calling) so you should have your cellular data enabled. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

i don't see the blue button to message you @ComcastChrisL 

Problem Solver

• 

747 Messages

3 years ago

Call XM and ask for tier 2 voicemail support.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue on my iPhone 11 after switching from a Verizon Android device.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem. I spent an hour on the phone with support, and tier 2 did not offer this solution. I expressly asked to have voicemail reset. The agent was fully aware of this strategy and never offered it to me! The agent reset voicemail, but it was not effective.

@ComcastChrisL I cannot find a direct message button for you. Please let me know how to contact you to get my voicemail reset.

Problem Solver

• 

747 Messages

3 years ago

If you switched from Android to Apple iOS you need to do the following as the simple reset option does not appear to fix the problem:

1.) Call XM at 800-266-2278 and ask for tier 2 visual voicemail support to switch your backend settings from Android to Apple iOS. 

2.) Then Power off and Power On again. Maybe reset network settings again. 

3.) Now go to Phone > Voicemail and set up your phone (It might say call voicemail)

Here is an old article on iPhone Voicemail https://www.payetteforward.com/iphone-voicemail-use-data-visual-voicemail-explained/

Remember that voicemail uses cellular/carrier data (or WiFi Calling) so you should have your cellular data enabled

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

@ComcastChrisL   have you been contacting people individually and helping? This seems to be a common theme and it’s hard to understand how your tech support is so clueless with this issue. Makes sense that the OS is different and needs to be reset, so how do we do that? Please help... I don’t want to hear my husband try to explain this to another person on tech support team

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

No response from @ComcastChrisL. I've already spent hours with tech support, who said they reset my voicemail. I know this wasn't effective because all greetings, messages, and settings were unchanged - not erased. Perhaps they additionally needed to change the settings from Android to iOS, as @DaveO3 has said. Please don't make me lose another couple hours of my life on tech support trying to resolve this! ComcastChrisL please respond to my DM...

Regular Contributor

• 

48 Messages

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your Xfinity Mobile device. For assistance, you will need to give our Xfinity Mobile experts a call or text at (888) 936-4968. They will be able to continue assisting with your voicemail concerns as this does require a full look at the account.

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here