Kam789's profile

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Oct 29, 2021 12:44 AM

Future LTE/Cellular Galaxy Watch Service

Xfinity, What is the likelihood that Xfinity will be able to offer LTE Galaxy Watch support within the next 12 months?  I believe that Xfinity is an MVNO, and most MVNOs are not allowed to offer any LTE watch services.  Perhaps, an exclusive Apple Watch deal exists.  However, I remember when Xfinity only allowed iPhones, and would not comment on Androids.  The same month that I signed a contract with another carrier to use my Galaxy phone, Xfinity allowed new Android Phones.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

Would be nice if they would support the Galaxy Watches. Not an Apple fan, and want my Galaxy Watch 4 to be active with cellular.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

2 m ago

And why does Xfinity keep closing threads related to this very same question (or providing a single answer which is to contact Xfinity Mobile support, which is not an answer)?

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-mobile/when-will-galaxy-watches-be-supported/602dafcdc5375f08cd17b2df

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-mobile/samsung-lte-smartwatch/602db0b0c5375f08cd366bb5

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-mobile/android-watches/602dae4ac5375f08cde5239c

There were several large threads about this same topic that seem to have been deleted since Comcast rebuilt their forum, which is unfortunate because the lack of those deeper conversations might make executives think there is no interest in this, when there clearly is.

XfinityEthan

Official Employee

• 

668 Messages

Hi, @shdwlynx. We simply do have any official information on android watches at this time. That is the reason we would close anything or not post anything. I myself have inquired as I want to get one and there is nothing I could find. We will always announce ahead of time on any changes. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thank you XfinityEthan!  This is is the clearest, most helpful answer that I have heard from Xfinity about the subject.  I get that Xfinity cannot discuss some of its negotiations and you will announce if/when you have something to announce.  I do not plan to switch away from Xfinity's excellent pricing.  Instead, If I get a good deal on an Apple Watch or the Watch 8 has beneficial new features, then I will buy the Apple Watch and make my backup phone (an iPhone free from Xfinity) primary.  

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

That us the same answer I've recieved for over a year.  Bottom line, while I've been happy with the pricing and service, I'll be moving my families account to a carrier that does support samsung watches.  This is ridiculous! No straight answers, no support.  Not an apple fan, guess xfinity is best for Apple lovers. 

New to the Community?

Start Here