U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 3rd, 2021 1:34 AM

Closed

Brand New Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G not compatible?

I bought a factory unlocked Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G from Amazon and I plopped in my existing Xfinity Mobile sim from my old iPhone 8 Plus and the LTE data worked.

I made the mistake of updating the IMEI in the Xfinity Mobile app to get 5G and the data turned off completely.  After chatting with a support agent I was told that this phone wasn't compatible.

Now I don't blame the agent, he did everything he could, but how in the world is a brand new modern phone that Xfinity Mobile actually sells not compatible at all, especially when the 4g data worked?  Is there any way for Xfinity to become compatible with what's otherwise a modern, mainstream phone?

Official Employee

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to our forums page about your concerns. I am sorry that we have created a poor experience with providing information on your phone compatibility. I know how frustrating this has been and we do want to help. Just to make sure, you already spoke with our mobile experts at

https://comca.st/2PNp414 or

(888) 936-4968? 

If so, you can send us a private message with your name and the full address so we can look into this. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I spoke with an agent using the Xfinity Mobile app.  How do I send a private message?

Official Employee

• 

49 Messages

To get started, please send us a private chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window Press Enter to send. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Just curious if they got it to work for you. I am about to buy one from amazon as well and cant seem to find answers on line.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @Batmansmith, I see you created your own post related to the same issue, thank you so much for doing so! I replied to your post, when you get a chance reach back out to me.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Mine is also having this issue. I spoke to someone prior going on the shop. I don't get it. It's unlocked from Samsung. What's going on?

Contributor

• 

277 Messages

3 years ago

Could it be the coding on your account or the phone?

Contributor

• 

277 Messages

3 years ago

Count it be either your account or the settings on your phone?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Did they get this fixed for you? I am having the same issue and it's bizzare and a complete money grab. Talking to customer Service is like talking to a robot with their scripts. Noone can tell me why it isn't compatible.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_29fc77 I JUST signed up to switch over cable, net, and phones from verizon to comcast (or so I thought). Once everything was done and scheduled, it literally was the last thing we did--I gave them my phone's IMEI number, etc--and the rep acted very surprised that the S21 isn't compatible. He knew from the beginning of the call I had an S21. I'm sure this is an ongoing issue. He told me they've had similar issues with other "newer" phones and that it may take a few weeks or maybe into Q4 2021 for the S21 to be compatible. I'm pissed. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello, @user_eb9886. Thank you for reaching out today! I do have to apologize though; due to account security reasons we cannot help with this issue over social media.

For assistance with this matter, please give us a call at 1 (888) 936-4968 or chat online at https://comca.st/3urCTCd and one of our experts will be happy to look into this for you! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Have you guys been able to fix this issue? I'm having the exact same one and am looking to fix it to continue my use of xfinity as my internet and mobile provider but it's becoming difficult. Thanks

Official Employee

• 

32 Messages

Hello. Thank you for reaching out for help with Xfinity Mobile. To receive customer support, you'll want to reach out to our exceptional team of Mobile experts. 

You can contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods:
• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Chat: https://comca.st/3Aow85B
Thank you for participating in our community.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here