1ajv4's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, January 7th, 2022 8:18 AM

Closed

After switching to Xfinity mobile, my phone goes straight to VM for incoming calls, unable to answer due to user busy msg etc

I started noticing shortly after I switched from Verizon to Xfinity, that my calls are going straight to voicemail… if I’m lucky enough to be staring at my phone the same time a call comes in, I was able to catch a screenshot that gave a user busy message under the number

pop up when an incoming call comes in, but I am unable to answer because as soon as I see the screen flash, jt disappears and does go straight to voicemail. 

A majority of the time I don’t get a missed call, I just get complaints that it goes straight to voicemail as though I’ve blocked them. 

I have gone to the Xfinity store, got many new SIM cards, did an astounding number of factory resets, alongside with network resets, did crazy key codes on my iPhone, went to the apple store, made sure my phone is not on do not disturb, airplane mode, the contacts are in my phone and not blocked, I have checked all of my settings- you name it, I’ve done it to get this fixed but to no avail. 

upon looking at the different questions and forums, I am glad to see I am not the only one experiencing this because a lot of people were confused and did not believe me …. But this honestly seems to be an Xfinity issue!

did anybody experience this same issue AND get a resolution????

I will leave and switch to a different carrier if this doesn’t get fixed because this is impacting my professional life as it makes me look like I’m unavailable and slacking on the job!

In the event of an emergency with my kids, what if no one is able to get a hold of me????

As someone who works in emergency and disaster services, this is a HUGE liability on Xfinity’s part IMO……

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My wife and I both have the same issue. It seems to be a connection between our phones and watches. Sometimes resetting network settings works and sometimes it doesn’t. 

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

Hello @Tkelly, I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues with your phone and watches. If you would like to reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team with the methods below, they should be able to troubleshoot any issue you're experiencing.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Please get this fixed, xfinity, or you will lose a customer and I will tell everyone why. You direct people to call help center, but your support service says the same things that do not work. Or they work for a day or two, then right back to the same problem.
YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IPHONES CONNECTED TO IWATCHES.

You need to provide separate phone numbers for each. Everyone who calls goes straight to voicemail. I have tried tier 1 help and tier 2 help. So many people have this issue and you act clueless. This isn’t working and my business is suffering because of your service.

Don’t give me the normal xfinity help center phone number. Get me in contact with someone who understands the problem and can fix it permanately, or your phone/watch service is useless. 

Administrator

• 

653 Messages

@user_da43f6

I checked through a few different forums and while I see there is a recurring issue with Apple Watch and iPhone users (in combination with one another) it also looks like from the Apple Discussion pages that this has been an issue since iOS 15 was released. These are some of the recommended solutions from Apple;  

Check your iPhone settings

1. Turn airplane mode on and off. Tap Settings > Enable Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn airplane mode off.
  2. Check your Do Not Disturb settings. Tap Settings > Do Not Disturb.
  3. Check for any blocked phone numbers. Tap Settings > Phone > Blocked.
  4. See if Call Forwarding is turned on. Tap Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding.

Update your software

1. Check for a carrier settings update.
  2. Check for an iOS software update. Some updates might require a Wi-Fi connection.

Remove and reinsert your SIM card

If your iPhone has a SIM card, remove the SIM card, then reinsert it.

Update your Preferred Roaming List (PRL)

The PRL determines the cellular towers that your iPhone uses for cell service and selects those with the best signal strength.

• If you're on the Verizon network, dial *228 and select option 2.
  • If you're on the Sprint network, dial ##873283#.

Check your network settings

1. Reset your network settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will erase all current saved settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN settings.
  2. Try to make or receive calls in another location.
  3. Switch to a different network band. Tap Settings > Cellular and turn off Enable LTE, 4G, or 3G (this option will depend on your carrier and device model).

Contact your carrier

When you contact your carrier, check the following:

• Your account is set up to use your iPhone.
  • There aren't any localized service outages.
  • Your account doesn't have a billing-related block.
  • Your calls don't have errors on the carrier system.

Some users have also reported turning the cellular off on their Apple Watches has stopped the User Busy error. 

That said our scope of support here on the Xfinity Forums for Xfinity Mobile is limited so the Employees here do not have the access to the billing systems, sales systems and more advanced repair systems.

The information provided is the only contact information for Xfinity Mobile we have available at this time however if you have already previously contacted them and still don't have a solution or a repair claim opened with them, we can reach out on your behalf.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Nope. It’s been long before iOS 15! My husband and I both have had the issues since my grandson whom I had legal custody of,  was at Children’s hospital in Oct 5, 2020 and I missed (or should I say Xfinity’s issue forced the call to my voicemail)  a life critical call from the Doctors for my consent to administer a highly radioactive contrast for the operation that required a special CT scan machine during the procedure that literally was to save his life at that second! Thanks to Covid restrictions, we couldn’t be in the building so they had to call. 
IOS 15 didn’t come out until a year later!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same problem. Calls going direct to voicemail without the phone ringing. I have tried all of the solutions on the Apple forum without success. I think it is a Comcast problem. Has anybody had this problem with another phone carrier?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_dac70d​ I have talked to Verizon customers with an iPhone and I watch and they have not had the problem. But they also issue a different number for an iPhone and iwatch with cellular. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I just started having this problem with my Comcast Business mobile phone and no one was able to help me.  What good is a business mobile carrier if you can't receive calls?  Customers are getting angry because their calls always go to voicemail.  I want to go back to Verizon where calls were not outsourced and agents could help you NOW rather than "escalating your ticket" to a supervisor who does not have "limited resources."  

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I’ve having the same issue for 7 months now. It’s either my line or my daughter's line. Hours and hours of being on the phone. They are clueless!!! I was on the phone yesterday for over three hours for my daughter’s line and today it my line and another 2 hours. Long story short it still isn’t fixed…. But they love to tell you “ Rest assure it will be fixed and it won’t happen again”. All lies!!!!!! 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

I'm terribly sorry about this!  Due to account security, our options with XM accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. I understand you've tried to call but have you tried to reach out to our secure online chat at https://comca.st/3vJvjVy where an XM expert is available 24/7?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

2 years ago

Are you folks locked into contracts? I get that the price may be right and in some markets, you can even get a discount on your TV/broadband bill but if the service doesn't operate as it should, why keep it?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Xfinity, help your customers. You aren’t helping us. We spend hours on the phone with your techs. It doesn’t solve the problem. You aren’t helping us. If you can’t fix the problem, just tell us and we can move on to another service. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_da43f6​ and the tech don’t know anything!!! It’s such a waste of time. I make them credit my account every-time I call them now….. 

Official Employee

• 

976 Messages

Hello, @user_da43f6! We are sorry to hear about the trouble with your Xfinity Mobile service. Please allow us another opportunity to help with your concerns. If you would, please connect with us here:

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
 • Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
 • Chat: https://comca.st/3QpOHyC

•  
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Is this affecting only users with apple watches linked with a cellular plan?   

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityLinda​ [Edit: Language] I so sick of calling every other week and they act like they don’t know anything. You have to repeat yourself 1000 times. But yet if you don’t pay your bill they will cut you off for $5. But it’s okay to not be able to receive incoming calls. 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

Hello @user_0f9072. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We are very limited with the support we can provide our Xfinity Mobile customers on this platform. Have you already called our Xfinity Mobile Experts regarding this specific issue, and if so, what was the outcome? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same problem as well, phone calls coming in say Verizon customers not available even though I just switched to Xfinity. I am able to get text messages.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Myself and my husband have been dealing with this for over a year. We have talked to every level of support and then they blamed it on apple. My husband is a maintenance supervisor who is on call. He missed a service call tonight. If he ends up losing his job over this xfinity is going to have a lawsuit. Fix your network! We pay over $340 a month for 4 lines, 2 tablets, and 2 watches. It seems like when we got our watches this started. Maybe it is the watches being connected to the phone lines. Do all of your guys have watches? 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_14f7e5​ I’ve been having a problem for over a year as well. It rotates between my daughter’s phone or mine phone. We have apples watches as well. They tried to say the last time it was my Apple Watch. I told them it’s been dead for three weeks. I’m so over it. [Edit: Language]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have been to Xfinity almost 10 times (this doesn’t include any over the phone or online contact I have with them as well) trying to get this resolved within the last 6 months. I am so overly annoyed with everything. No one in any branches knows anything about the phones they will call someone higher up and ask me to keep resetting my phones with no luck of anything getting fixed. I had to get a new phone to see that was problem and it’s not but now I am stuck with a phone payment as I am unable to pay the phone off to switch companies. Has anyone gotten this to be actually fixed cause it’s not seeming like based on all these comments. Which I feel Xfinity would take this very seriously as this isn’t a 1 off issue and seems to be a bigger issue then Xfinity would like to admit and should be COMMUNICATING with their employees about these issues and if there is a fix. I plan to go back again this weekend and if the don’t fix it I will be making them buy me out of my phone so I can switch saving money doesn’t matter if the phone calls don’t work since ya know it’s a phone the calls are probably the most important thing for them to fix you would think. 

PS I have told EVERYONE I know of these issues and its has made many people not switch to Xfinity so they are already losing out on money because of these issues. 

Official Employee

• 

957 Messages

Hey there, @user_5358ce! Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your mobile questions and concerns. Since Xfinity Mobile support is limited for our Digital Care Team via social media, we ask that you reach directly out (by call or text) to our Xfinity Mobile Sales and Service team at 1-888-936-4968 for further assistance with your mobile device. You may also use our Secure Online Chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7! You mentioned reaching out already via phone and online, so I just want to make sure you have the correct resources at your disposal. If you've already tried that particular number AND chat platform, please send our team a private message with your full name and full address. We can definitely take a further look at this for you if necessary.

To send a "Direct (private) Message":
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New Message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_5358ce​  I’m glad I found your post. Just got off the phone with Xfinity about my calls dropping and calls going straight to the voicemail. They told me to get a 5G phone. Now I know that won’t solve the problem. I’m switching carriers. I’m paying for a phone that gets no service at all. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Yep! ALL the same issues for the last TWO YEARS here! With mine and my husbands phone. We’ve changed devices. Endless calls with high tech support with Apple and xfinity both. Now they are telling us to change phone numbers. [Edited: "Language"] That ain’t gonna happen…. The last Apple support tech I spoke to said they know it’s an Xfinity Mobile issue. It has something to do with how they set up our phone number as how the number is registered with Xfinity’s Network settings  prior to shipment of our device and they don’t integrate with current iOS system updates since the update around iOS 13. We have xfinity for personal, home and business. They are about to lose a long standing 10 year customer at $870. Telling me to contact customer support is laughable. It isn’t the watch! It’s not ANY of my settings. It’s not my [Edited: "Language"] voicemail. A reset will only TEMPORARILY fix it. Find the [Edited: "Language"] solution Xfinity!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Xfinity, respond to this problem without giving us a phone number to tech support. IT DOESNT WORK. Fix the your network issue now, or tell people to switch providers. You have wasted all our time for years now. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I have an Iwatch I have to keep disconnecting service to every 15 days, or else my phone won’t receive calls. But when I try to cancel the service, your “techs” say they cancel it, but it is restored in 15 days every time. You have a major problem here and you don’t seem to care. My Iwatch is useless with your service, because it stops me from getting incoming calls with your network. DO NOT USE XFINITY SERVICE if you hope to use an Iwatch as well. They will tell you for hours how to reset network, reset phone, turn off on and off, but none of it works. Horrible customer service! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have been having the same exact issue!! In fact, I thought it was my phone and I upgraded my phone. All was well for awhile and now it has started up again. I have done factory and network resets. This is ridiculous and  about to switch to a new carrier. I miss important phone calls and I can’t continue to have this happen. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

And it get worse too! My husbands phone and mine have both been dealing with this since October 5, 2020. Was very intermittent in the beginning and just got more and more frequent. After 2 years, I’d say I get maybe 1 call out of 10.  Have spent roughly 15 hours with support on phone both with my carrier and Apple, support in stores, and many self proclaimed iPhone ‘experts’. Bought completely different phones. And now they are suggesting we change our numbers. Ummm nope!  Never resolved. 
Apple claims it’s caused by the iwatch 

No it’s not because my husband doesn’t have one. Some are also saying it’s because of particular  iOS updates. Nope. I had this issue wayyy before the updates they mention were ever released. Most the time carrier blames Apple. Apple then blames carrier. And we’re friggin yo-yo’s dealing with their support departments. 

Im just going to sit back until that big ol’ class action lawsuit comes out because it’s bound to happen at some point! And when it does, I’ll be owed a hefty chunk of money    
Every time I’ve called both companies has been documented by both them and myself. Good luck!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

this is a huge relief knowing that im not the only one dealing with this constant  issue, I switched over and bought the iphone 13 pro max in march of this year and it has been 8 different times that i know of that I wasn't to get phone calls. I been talked to customer service and technical support, i have been to the store several times and it seems to always be temp fixes because the problem is still happening and no one has answers. Now I see it's others having the same problem I clearly see its the network and will be switching my number back to another one because saving a couple of dollars has caused so much stress and hassle since I switch to xfinity mobile. 

Valued Contributor

• 

406 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums, @user_3d8dfd! We do not have full access to Xfinity Mobile (XM) accounts, but you can reach the XM team directly at 1-888-936-4968, or at their dedicated chat, via the following link: 

https://comca.st/3D9wcLp.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

My husband and I are having the same issues with our phones! Have done all the fixes from technical support (hours on the phone), remove the SIM card and reset network settings, multiple times and it only works for awhile! We have missed so many important calls with our elderly parents in the hospital. So frustrating...going to pay off our phones and change back to Verizon.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_f11dae​ Update: On the phone again with technical support last night for over 2 hours. Had to explain the whole situation all over again, finally insist they connect me to level 2 or 3 support to re-provision the lines. This seems to be working today so far, however we are still planning to change back to Verizon today. So frustrating...

Official Employee

• 

779 Messages

Hi @user_f11dae, Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear you were on the phone for such a long time. It's great to know your phone is working. If there's anything else we can assist with please let us know. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I’m having the same issues as well. Calls are dropping and going straight to the voicemail. I just got off the phone with a tier 2 specialist and he told me I needed a 5G phone, but I see people in this thread got a new phone and is still having the same issues. I’m going to a new carrier. I’m over it. I hate when I’m in a middle of a call my phone call drops. It’s ridiculous. I think we need to figure out how to do a class action lawsuit since this is a ongoing problem with them. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here