mark110's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, April 18th, 2021 4:59 PM

Closed

Activation issues and horrible customer service!

Yesterday I went into my local Xfinity Office and ported two unlocked Google Pixel 5's from Verizon Wireless to Xfinity Mobile. The one line ported immediately, I was told the other one would be with in 10 minutes. Needless to say that did not happen. Multiple phone calls later to include the most recent which lasted 2 hours only to be disconnected, I'm being told that it has been escalated to the level 3 support to be manually ported. and that it could be an additional 24 to 72 hours. This is ridiculous! I use my phone extensively for work. I f I could go 72 hours without my phone, I wouldn't have it to begin with. I have called Verizon and they say that there is nothing on their end that they can see holding it up. At this point I would have already switched back to Verizon but the department that handles that is closed on Sunday. Does anyone have any suggestions?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

749 Messages

3 years ago

If you still don’t have XM cellular service on the second phone, try powering off the phone and inserting your Verizon SIM as it still should work until the porting process has completed  You will know when the porting has completed when  the Verizon service quits working, maybe.

Later in the day, power off, switch SIMs, power on again and wait 10 minutes or so, and the porting may work. 

Good luck!

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

I appreciate the advice, but I already tried that.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Still no service. I tried to switch back to Verizon and now I cant do that until Comcast gets the number completely ported. This is a insane. Never again!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here