joey12volt's profile

Problem Solver

• 

166 Messages

Saturday, January 25th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Garage Door Notifications

I have the Chamberlin garage door app connected to the Xfinity Home app and it displays the garage door status correctly, whether it's open or closed.  However, the text alerts I get only say closed.  Never get an open alert.

For example, Garage door opens at 6:50 am - My alert says closed at 6:50am  (Incorrect, it opened); Garage door closes at 7:00 am - My alert says closed at 7:00 am (Correct)

Problem Solver

• 

166 Messages

3 years ago

Yep. Not working again. Just noticed this AM.

Problem Solver

• 

166 Messages

3 years ago

I noticed the same. Says my modem is offline, but it's not. Something must have transpired overnight. it will be resolved in due time I am sure.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

3 years ago

Cool, thanks for the reply, I get further talking to you for feed back rather than Xfinity tech support as they appear clueless! Also noticed the Xfinity app, not the home app, but the Xfinity app is completely down altogether, there’s a 50 min wait!

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

3 years ago

Yours down again? I updated the Xfinity Home app today, and now the garage door won’t connect via the Xfinity Home app, so back to using the MyQ app as a back up.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

3 years ago

Any idea how long for the garage door push notifications to work again with the Xfinity Home app? Last time it went down it was app from 11/19/20-1/20/21. Ballpark estimation would be nice, 2 months last time being down is sort of unacceptable IMO. This all came from your update today on the Xfinity Home app. Was working just fine for just 2 weeks!

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

3 years ago

@joey12volt

Thank you for replying so quickly, @joey12volt. We would like to submit a ticket to our Advanced Repair Team to review this and troubleshoot further. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and service address, so I can assist you. Send me a private message by clicking my profile name (ComcastJoeTru), then click "Send a message". 

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

3 years ago

So what’s with Xfinity dropping the “Works with” 3rd party partnership with Chamberlin/Liftmaster? Xfinity finally realize they can’t integrate with it properly, without all the technical hiccups? Xfinity engineering department should’ve had all the bugs eradicated years ago! Pretty bummed this is the direction they’ve chose to go. July 15, 2021 is the last day of integration, then back to using the MyQ app. 

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Hi @skyfox23 , thanks for reaching out over Xfinity forums. I can certainly understand your bummed feelings. Your feedback is valuable to us and I will be sure to pass it along.

Comcast and Chamberlain have mutually agreed to end the Works With Xfinity (WWX) agreement. Effective August 15, 2021, Xfinity Home customers will no longer be able to pair, nor control their Chamberlain/ LiftMaster (myQ) devices using the Xfinity Home app. Xfinity Home customers will be unable to add Chamberlain/LiftMaster myQ devices to their system starting July 15, 2021.

You should be able to download the myQ: Garage & Access Control app from the App Store (for iOS) or Google Play Store (for Android) to maintain remote monitoring/control capabilities of their myQ devices. If you require additional support with the app, you can contact Chamberlain/LiftMaster Customer Support directly at 1-800-528-9131.

Of course, If you have any further questions or concerns for our team, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We are available 24/7 to assist.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

Thanks for reaching out. As long as the My Q app continues to fully function, that is all that really matters and is the most important thing! I will continue to use the My Q app to control, open, close my garage door within the My Q app. Appreciate the feedback. Thanks 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here