K

Saturday, October 5th, 2024 12:04 AM

Give credit where it is due

We’re recovering from hurricane Helene in augusta GA. Just got power back a couple of days ago and it’s a real mess here. They had to restring power lines, which means cable lines are messed up too. Anyway, in addition to this, we also had a tree fall in our yard that ripped up and broke the main line from our house to the cable junction box at the front of our property. I’d tried to document this with xfinity but couldn’t because the mess has them fully focused on major line restoration. So be it - we’re alive and this isn’t critical.

a man drove up our drive today in his van and said he worked for xfinity. Asked if our service was back, saying he was just doing a survey of the area for them. I told him no but also showed him the broken line next to a remaining stump. He immediately pulled out a spool of coax and ran a new temporary line for us. It’s a long line through woods to get to our box… but he did it in about 15 minutes. Then asked if we had signal yet. We don’t, but there are box trucks working at the end of our street… so maybe soon?

I didn’t even get his name, but I just wanted to say that having someone checkin and then just stop to immediately try to help was a really kind gesture. If you figure out who he was - please let him know he is doing a heck of a job.

Official Employee

• 

510 Messages

1 day ago

Good evening @kdrudy. Thank you for posting this story! It's great to see that our techs are out there bringing positive experiences to our customers. Stay safe and we'll talk to you soon!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here