truthseeker719's profile

Contributor

• 

124 Messages

Sunday, June 7th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

xfinity wifi works but XFINITY says wrong password

I hope I can make this clear:  When I got Xfinity Mobile (Aug 2018) - I bought a new phone at the Comcast Store and the sales person set up both xfinity wifi and XFINITY.  He explained that XFINITY is secure so to try to use that whenever possible when outside of my home network.  I have Xfinity wifi at home and it shows my home network, xfinity and XFINITY.  I have always been able to join any of the three.  Today - while trying to fix a problem with Safari on my iphone - I tried to join XFINITY and it said "wrong password".  When I looked - the user name was a string of numbers.  I tried my home network password and it did not work.  I have no idea why it would randomly stop working after almost two years.  If anyone know how to fix this - I would appreciate any help.  Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

124 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for your help.  I researched more online and then loaded the Xfinity Hotspot App onto my iphone.  This fixed the problem.  I have no idea why but it did.  I now can connect to both xfinitywifi and XFINITY along with my home network.  I would be interested in knowing why installing the app fixed the problem but I an just glad it is fixed.  Thanks again

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having the same problem.

Contributor

• 

124 Messages

4 years ago

Before I reset my wifi password - I would like to try to clarify - the password works on my home network and on xfinitywifi - it does NOT work on XFINITY.  The XFINITY was set up by a comcast  person when I opened my xfinity mobile  account and bought a phone two years ago.  When  I try to join XFINITY - it says incorrect password and takes me to the enter password page.  On that page - my Username is showing as a string of numbers - it is NOT my Comcast username or the name of my home network.  So I don't think that changing my password is the solution since it works with the other two(xfinitywifi and my home network) I tried entering my home network username and password and I tried entering my Comcast username and wifi password but neither worked.  I did not get an error message for either - XFINITY just wouldn't connect - the little circle just kept spinning.  I suspect the string of numbers as my username has something to do with the problem. So any other suggestions?  Thank you

Official Employee

• 

131 Messages

4 years ago

Hello sorry to hear for some reason you both are not able to sign into the XFINITY hotspot  @truthseeker719  @Notworking2  both of you please go reset your password and then tell me if it works thanks!  "Try the new password you created"

www.xfinity.com/password 

Official Employee

• 

131 Messages

4 years ago

@truthseeker719  Click forget network "under your wireless network settings"  and then try to sign on to XFINITY so you will not have the string of characters saved "password"  Then click on XFINITY and then log in with the current password that you said you know works.   

Contributor

• 

124 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for this suggestion which sounds like it will work.  Please excuse my ignorance but where do I find "Click forget network "under your wireless network settings"?  On my iphone under XFINITY - it only offers the option to Join Network.  I checked online and iphone does not have wireless network settings - only the Wifi section where I am unable to "Forget XFINITY".  So where do I find the wireless network setting.  Do I need the Xfi app?  Or to do this on my computer?  Thank you for your help.

Contributor

• 

124 Messages

4 years ago

Don't know if this will work for you but I researched on line and then installed the Xfinity Hotspot App which fixed the problem.  I can now get on both xfinitywifi and XFINITY (the secure network).  Here is the link to where I found the solution   https://wifi.xfinity.com/faq.php     Just scroll down to "How do I connect to XFINITY SSID" and follow the steps.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Contributor

• 

124 Messages

4 years ago

Sorry to bother you again Comcast Josh - I had replied that I installed the HotSpot App and that fixed the problem - but a couple of hours later - I have the same problem.  So I tried deleting the HotSpot App and installing the Xfi App.  I installed the profile and now the XFINITY user name is my Comcast e-mail username but it is still saying password is incorrect.  I tried both my Comcast password and my wifi password - but keep getting the incorrect message.  I cannot find where I can "Forget this network" as you suggested.  This is extremely frustrating.  I have no idea what the problem is.  I'm going to restart my router and see if that does anything.  Any help is appreciated.  This is an extremely strange problem as both my home wifi and xfinitywifi are working fine.  Thank you

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have changed my password and the system still not working it always says incorrect password or I am unable to join network

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same issue. XFINITY was working fine until today when suddenly I can no longer log into the network with my comcast credentials. I can still log into xfinity_wifi just fine.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue.  My iPad is wifi enabled only.  suddenly can't connect to wifi as "incorrect password" presents itself--I've restarted router, ipad, all other devices that are connected to wifi and only the iPad is problematic.  I downloaded the HotSpot app to my iphone and can only connect to an unsecured random Xfinity hotspot which seems, well dumb.  Are these boards monitored?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I understand how frustrating that can be. I know I wouldn't like for my iPad to get those errors. Have you tried to forget the network, clear cookies and cache (Delete history, cache, and cookies-To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. To clear your cookies and keep your history, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, then tap Remove All Website Data) and then reconnecting to the home network? I know this can be time consuming but thank you in advance for troubleshooting with me. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here