U

Thursday, May 9th, 2024 11:33 PM

Xfinity Remote App no longer supported??

My Xfinity Remote App on my iPhone recently stopped working and after 8 or 10 calls to support with no progress, the tech today told me that the App is no longer supported. It is still available for download. Can anyone verify if this is true?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

9 days ago

user_2qdt14 - You can get answers to FAQs about the Xfinity TV Remote app here

If your Xfinity TV Remote app has stopped working; be sure your device meets the minimum system requirements, and that you've updated to the latest version of the app by visiting the iOS App Store or Google Play. Check your settings to make sure you selected a default television and DVR, if applicable. If you're still having difficulties, try signing out and back in again or reinstalling the app.

3 Messages

Well, first can you answer my question? Since you repeated the standard troubleshooting instructions, I will assume that the representative was incorrect and it is still supported?  As far as the advice, after speaking with 8 or 10 representatives, rest assured that my device meets the requirements, I have the latest IOS, I cannot select a default system because it gives me an error that that feature requires that I upgrade to X1. I have signed in and out multiple times and do have X1 devices. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. If it is still supported and the recess wrong, can you point me in a direction for a solution?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

You should still be able to use the Xfinity Remote app, user_2qdt14. Download the Xfinity TV Remote app from the iTunes App Store to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. For Android, download from Google Play. Once you set up the Xfinity TV Remote app, you can use your mobile device just as you would a remote. This includes Voice Remote functionality for X1 customers. 

Note: For a list of eligible TV Boxes, see Xfinity TV Remote App Eligible TV Boxes.

Troubleshooting common problems:
Make sure you have an active Internet connection.
Make sure the TV Box you are trying to tune is turned on and compatible with the Xfinity TV Remote app for TV control.
Learn more about the Xfinity TV Remote app with these tips.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

I hope I made it pretty clear that I did all the work of that, but if not, I did. I have full compatibility, my phone and app are all up to date. Any clue how to get support on this?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_2qdt14

Please note that the app is not currently supported on Windows phones or tablets.
How to Get the Xfinity TV Remote App:
The Xfinity TV Remote app can be downloaded from both the App Store and Google Play and is available on the following devices:

iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch with OS 12.0 or later
Note: Voice Remote features for X1 customers require iOS 10.
Android smartphones and tablets running Android version 4.4 or later

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here