U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 25th, 2023 12:19 PM

Closed

Xfinity hotspots app

I've tried to log in to the xfinity hot spots and I keep receiving error message “ authorization failed unspecified. 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@user_cbd7cb 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. We apologize that you are experiencing issues when attempting to connect to an Xfinity hotspot. When attempting to connect are you connecting to an "xfinitywifi" (unsecure) or "XFINITY" (secure) labelled hotspot? These are two different types of hotspots that may require different troubleshooting. 

Additional information about connecting to Xfinity hotspots, device requirements for connecting, and how to use the Xfinity WiFi Hotspot App can be found here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/about-xfinity-wifi-internet

Please let us know if you have additional information to share or additional questions. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I'm still unable to log in authorization failed unspecified is still coming up.

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

To confirm, we are speaking of the Xfinity public Wi-Fi Hotspots for example, at say a local coffee shop or venue? These networks can be identified by reflecting as XFINITY or xfinitywifi. Typically you will find that an unsecure network will be lowercase, and a secured public network would be uppercase XFINITY.
Have you been able to connect to any other networks at all in the past without this error appearing?

I no longer work for Comcast.

1 Message

Turns out I had two accounts and was able to go into desktop site and delete the old account being that I just moved.  Reinstalled hotspot app and ......NO MORE AUTHORIZATION ERROR problems   yayee

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here