U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 23rd, 2021 9:17 PM

Closed

Xfinity Beta App For Samsung - Black Screen

Hello,

We have a new Samsung TV and have been using the Xfinity Beta App and when launching the app the screen just turns black. I have reinstalled the app and the same thing still happens, I have confirmed the TV has internet access.  Can someone recommend a fix?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @user_ebb904! I am sorry for the trouble with the app on your Samsung TV. We are happy to hear from you here! Have you checked to see if your TV has any updates? I recently had to update mine at home. You can check and if it does, retry the uninstall and reinstall once again.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@ComcastLinda FYI, it's not a TV specific thing.   Samsung said  it's your app.    TV reset to factory default, verified software version with them is the latest, app downloaded fresh - still black screen.   3 different Samsung TV  no longer working.

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

@RBKWA thank you for letting me know. It sounds like you have tried quite a bit of troubleshooting and have worked with us and Samsung to clear this up. I really appreciate the time and energy you have put into this and I know that can get tedious at times. AS long as your tv is a 2017 model or newer, it should work with the Beta version of our Xfintiy Stream app. Since you mentioned this is a new TV, lets go ahead and work through your account to fix this. I definitely want to be sure this is corrected so you can enjoy your new TV with Xfintiy content soon!

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have this same problem. No way to clear cache and factory reset isn’t doing anything to make stream beta app work. It’s been 6 days that I can’t get this work, and previously the app wasn’t consistent. Always got stuck and guides wouldn’t appear. Every time we tried to access the app from last time turning off tv we’d have to power cycle the remote to have tv start over processes completely. Except this past week app is just blacked out completely with no error messages. I have deleted app, removed app, reset smart hub, power cycled tv, factory reset tv, and nothing. So frustrating to pay for a service that does not work consistently or doesn’t work at all. If there are any ways to resolve this please advise. I have a Samsung series 6 smart tv with model MU in the name.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello, @user_c29d82! Thank you for reaching out here on our forums. I'm sorry about the trouble with the Xfinity Stream app. We are happy to help. Can you please send a Direct Message with your name and the complete address, so we may take a look at your account on our end? We look forward to your message! 

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We are experiencing the same problem and no amount of power cycling / remove/ add is fixing the issue. We know the app is a beta version. Is this problem being addressed? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have this issue also, sometimes shutting off my tv for a minute and turning it back on works, but not always. Now I’m also having an issue where the app completely freezes, it’s not my tv because I can hit my home button to get out of the app. It seems to be an xfinity issue on Samsung smart TVs, my non smart Samsung that I use a roku, I don’t have these issues with the app. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, unplugging my Ethernet cable and replugging it back in, logging out and back into my WiFi. It’s on xfinity side, not our tv’s. 

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

@BellaCat1981- We recently came out with an update for our Xfinity Stream app, can you please check to see what firmware is currently installed? [edited to remove incorrect steps]

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I'm experiencing the same issue with my new Samsung TV. The app worked fine for a few months and now I get an error message. I deleted and reinstalled the app without a successful result. Please help.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_brab As a followup to my previous post. After deleting the app twice and reinstalling twice, I was able to successfully install the app completely, log into the app and connect to my Xfinity account. I would still love to know if and when the app is going to come out of beta.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I am experiencing a similar issue on my LG smart tv. It is a 2020 model. 

When I launch the Xfinity Stream app, I get a black screen. The only way for me to get the screen to load is if I disconnect and re-connect the wifi connection.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@juliemoto, I love using the Stream app on my Samsung TV, so I can imagine how annoying that would be to do every time. I would love to help you more with this issue. Can you please create your own post on the appropriate topic board? This conversation is older and will be closed. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here