U

Tuesday, August 1st, 2023 9:39 PM

Closed

Xfinity app shows my gateway is offline even though it isn't

I've had this issue for 4 days, and I've contacted support at least 5 times and they haven't been able to do anything. I've tried reactivating and restarting my router, uninstalling the app, logging out, and nothing works. I tried using the admin tools but i can only make the changes I want in the app.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 year ago

Concern moved here to the Xfinity App help section for assistance.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@EG​ please help with this problem - xfinity customer service can’t! Obvious that a number of users are experiencing non-synch of newly installed gateway to the xfinity app. Result is the network/internet is working fine, but the app says offline. Lost functionality in the app is unacceptable.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

HELP! There are a growing number of users experiencing the same problem, with the same corrective actions tried with no remedy. Is there an xFinity person somewhere on here that will help?

8 Messages

1 year ago

Yeah honestly this is unacceptable, might switch providers, I want to forward my ports and haven't been able to do so because of this issue.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

Update. the other day, after deleting and reinstalling the app, it seemed to work properly, but only for a minute or so, before the offline window came back. During that time I was able to check some of the app functionality and noted the info on my gateway id was not correct! It still showed the old gateway which had been replaced and returned. It appears that the app does not synch up with the new gateway, even tho my internet is working just fine. very confusing. Wondering if others experiencing this phantom network offline window have also recently replaced a gateway/modem?

8 Messages

@user_fdd88f​ 

Sounds very similar to me. After reinstalling like you did I was able to see the regular screen for a split second before the offline screen came on but I wasn't able to view anything like you did. I replaced my older gateway about a week before this started happening if I remember correctly. I still haven't returned my old gateway so it might be whats causing it. It's still weird since it was working fine after activating the new one

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

The view is fleeting! Have you had any luck with xfinity customer service - talking to live agent? I was able to schedule a call but the remedy was described as an app problem and just wait while it is being worked - sure !!! Did notice a new app release, 5.4.1, one day ago but problem persists 

8 Messages

@user_fdd88f​ 

Support told me the same thing that it was just a bug. Now it’s working perfectly. 

8 Messages

1 year ago

UPDATE: The app works fine for me now, all I did was wait.

8 Messages

@user_197bf9​ 

nevermind. It worked until I closed the app and logged back in again. Speechless.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @user_197bf9, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. We definitely want to make sure your able to make the changes you need and I'd love to help. Is it just the app that is having the issue or is the modem also showing offline on the website? You may be correct about the modem, I could see where it might be picking up on the other one being offline.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here