dbottoms's profile

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, November 29th, 2023 11:09 PM

Closed

Xfinity App on Apple TV thinks I'm not at home

I am using a 3rd Gen Apple TV.  Every other app works, except the Xfinity App.  When I try to authenticate I keep getting an error message indicating that my Xfinity Stream is only available on my in-home WiFi.  I am connected via Ethernet in my home.  I don't have it connected to my WiFi because its wired into my Ethernet.   Also, My Xfinity account email and Apple TV account email are different, and I wonder if that's related.  I'm at a loss what to do.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

10 months ago

The exact message is:  Access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi.  Use the app on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for reaching out, dbottoms! Have you been signing in with your primary UserID? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

As far as I know my primary email address is the same account I'm using for my Xfinity Stream app, and my Apple TV device.  Why can't Xfinity make this easier or more obvious or otherwise more dummy proof?  I called Xfinity on Monday evening to try to diagnose what's wrong; and after the tier 1 agent didd some kind of advanced diagnostics and some how pushed some kind of something to my modem which didn't work, I had a follow up call on Tuesday where that advanced care technician claimed there were issues with my signal which I seriously doubt but the issue was unresolved, so they scheduled a appointment for a technician to come to my house on Friday, and just now Xfinity cancelled my appointment with no explanation.  I tried to get the appointment back and now wants to restart the technical support questions again. Its ridiculous how complicated Xfinity has made using their app.  With dozens of streaming services available I have to tell you Xfinity is at the bottom of my list of choices right now.  I'm not angry at you, but, I'm angry that Xfinity has made this process ridiculously complicated.  So, do you have any diagnostic or logging information on your side to tell me which account I'm using?  I've made several failed attempts to use Xfinity Stream on my Apple TV device.  You're blocking me.  Can you tell me why on your end?  As far as I know I'm doing everything right.  And this should be way, way easier.  I want to buy Pay per view and other movie rentals from you.  Seems like you'd be interested in making that easier.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

@XfinityAntoine as a quick follow up, I have two identities, a legacy Comcast email address, and a current Gmail address.  Your article on how to link them doesn't work because its demanding a unique name.  May I direct message you so I'm not putting private information into a public forum? 

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

@XfinityAntoine  These two articles are exactly the issue I'm experiencing.  I don't have any linked accounts though.  And I'm on my home network, at home.  That's the part that is confusing to me.  Why is the Xfinity Stream app on my Apple TV 4K thinking I'm not on my network.  I've tried Wirelessly, and Wired. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/stream-on-apple-tv-faqs

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tvapp00101

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

10 months ago

Hello?  Anyone here?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @dbottoms ! Thank you so much for reaching out to your Digital Care team. Thank you for being so patient while you waited to connect with me. I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having with the error message stating that you must be on your home network. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name along with your full-service address so that I can assist you further?-

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

I've replied using DM.

1 Message

8 months ago

I don’t understand why I can use the Xfinity stream app on my FireStick 4K away from home BUT…when I try it on my Apple TV as an app is will not let me. WHY?? What’s the difference?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_8e044s, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the Stream app, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here