CC

Thursday, July 18th, 2024 9:29 PM

xfinity app not working

Installed the xfinity app (com.xfinity.digitalhome version 5.28.0-2) on my Android 14 phone and my Android 9 tablet.

On my tablet, app launches and presents a Sign In screen (which appears to be a native app). I click Sign In and it switches to another screen (not a native app; appears to just be a web browser) and reports I'm already signed in . I click Continue and it presents a DuckDuckGo search page (again not a native app, just a web page).

On my phone, the app just crashes continually; never even get to a sign in screen.

I've tried uninstall/reinstall, force stop, and clear cache/storage on both devices. No change. App simply does not work.

Does anyone test their software any more???

Update: Uninstalled the app downloaded from Google Play and installed the app downloaded from ApkMirror.com. Now the app works on my phone. Still does not work on my tablet. Oy!

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

2 months ago

Concern moved here to the Xfinity App help section for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 months ago

clayton.c Thanks for using our Forums to contact our team and we are happy to see what is going on with our Xfinity App. To get started can you send us a DM with your name and address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here