U

Monday, September 18th, 2023 9:35 PM

Closed

Xfinity app not working

xfinity app doesn’t work

I'm attempting to activate an Xfi modem/router at a new address.

My issue is that after logging into the Xfinity app, I receive an error message which says "Sorry, we're having some trouble" and to contact Xfinity support. At that point, I am unable to use the app at all. It just lets me sign out. This happens immediately after logging into the app.

The problem is can't get anyone in support to understand that while am activating a new modem, that is not the core issue. The core issue is that I can't login to the app (or actually - it is that once am logged in, the app throws an error).

To be clear, this isn't an issue with password. I have verified it works via the website and even reset it.

I would be able to activate the service no problem if could just use the app.

I think this may be related to me having multiple addresses on the same account. One is an older inactive address.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

@user_c2c840 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. Are you still seeing an issue with the app? Please let us know if you still need assistance. 

1 Message

7 months ago

What is the answer to this problem 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_edb9bm. There are a number of issues that can cause that problem. There may be a username associated with more than one account that causes problems if they are not linked correctly. There can also be issues with the app itself. I would be happy to look further into that from here if you could send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here