U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 18th, 2023 1:42 PM

Closed

Xfinity App is dramatically draining my iPhone battery

It's so bad it drains the battery more in the background with the screen off than almost any other app while the screen is on.  I wake up to my phone dead and/or extremely hot and almost dead.  iPhone 13 Pro iOS 16.4.1(a).  Xfinity App version 4.33.0.1683043633.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Iphone 8 ios 16.4.1(a)

i installed the xfinity app. This morning I signed in, closed the app after some exploring.

8 hours later my battery dropped to 1% and battery app said xfinity app used 49% of the battery.

Intolerable.

I deleted the app.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

1 year ago

@user_a6507c Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I can understand the frustration this has caused. Since you installed the app, have you done a reset on the phone? Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and see if that makes a difference?  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityTimothyA​ . I do not know what a phone reset is.

App was loaded 2 weeks ago. Phone has been restarted several times. phone lost cell service tuesday cell connectivity only came back after a phone restart.  xfinity App was not used till this week(Friday) when I signed on/in to it.

After battery crash and a recharge I uninstalled the app.

I wont need the app in the near future (I use the web site) and hopefully forever. I cant afford to have my phone die. I will wait until I have to have the app before reinstalling it. I suspect it is a malware infested app and am scared of it. I have only worked in computers since 1968.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

Yep, I agree.  My iPhone also.  We were to get 2 iPhone and only received 1.  It's a little cell and I just don't care for it.  It didn't come with a charge or a manual.

Has anyone notice on Xfinity the price increase?  T.V.  services?  

4 Messages

@CCTimothyA​ it’s not the phone. It’s the app!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

The Xfinity app must be pulling all kinds of data from our phones.  I was just opening it to see how much the prices went up and it literally almost burned my hand after only 45 seconds in the app.  On iPhone 11 pro. 
if I don’t fully close the app it kills the battery like the other poster.   Crazy.  This only happens with one other app I have which is a 3d augmented reality camera app and makes sense.  Unless Xfinity is recording from every data resource on the phone I don’t see how it can get this hot. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

Me too having same issue with this App.  Phone getting dame hot and draining battery really fast

2 Messages

11 months ago

Me too. I tried a hard reset, deleting and redownloading the app. Battery shows Xfinity used 89% of my battery. I had to delete the app. My husband is having the same issue. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_66525b I see you're having a similar issue as well. Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps so far? Do you and your husband use the same type of device (Apple/Android,) or are you both on different operating systems? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

Yep. Tried everything. Husband is on the same system as me on Apple. It’s gonna have to stay deleted until Xfinity figures this out. My friend is in town and has android and sure enough, is experiencing the same thing. 

Official Employee

• 

680 Messages

@user_66525b   Have you tried making sure the background app refresh is off? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

@XfinityVianney​ it’s the app, not the phone!

1 Message

@XfinityVianney​ hi am having the same issue as well. I deleted the app and left it off my phone for about a week and then went back and install the app again and it’s doing the same thing draining my battery making my phone hot using 79% of my battery pal since I woke up this morning and it’s only 9:28 am now 

1 Message

11 months ago

Yep. I’m having the same issue. Had my phone at 80% and woke up at 20%. My phone said my battery was used up 99% from the Xfinity app.  It’s BS. I believe that it’s the reason for my battery health dropping so drastically. My battery capacity is now only 89% when a few months ago it was at 99%. Xfinity owes me a new iPhone 13 battery. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_750064, is this still causing you trouble?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

Same issue here, but just started a couple of days ago and I’ve had the app for a few months now. I’ve deleted the app until this gets resolved. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @Geospecially, thanks for reaching out regarding your app issues impacting your phone's battery. I'd like to take a deeper look into this with you.  In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

1 Message

11 months ago

Something real strange is going on. From Last week, iPhone battery was getting drained fast. Went into battery in settings and it shows the xfinity app is using a whopping 60% of battery. Even though it’s closed (swiped up and closed it) and not even in the open apps in the background. This needs to be strongly looked into. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello @Meatwad! To get the proper eyes on this Xfinity App battery drain issue 

could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

1 Message

11 months ago

Same here,  I always charge my phone overnight. By 9am I saw that I'd used something like 70% of the power since 6am. Checked to see what was using the resource and my Iphone says Xfinity App had been responsible for 80% of the power usage.  Plus the phone was really hot

Not getting rid of the App because it is useful, but I'm definitely making sure it's closed from now-on

4 Messages

@user_5a2da3​ closing it won’t make a difference. I’ve tried that. 

1 Message

11 months ago

Glad to see I’m not the only one. Noticed yesterday July 28, 2023 my battery drained down to 6% within a couple hours of being unplugged. iPhone 14 pro max. Never had this issue. Battery usage says Xfinity used 78% in background. Reset phone and also deleted/reinstalled app to see it still doing it. I’ve deleted the app for now but sucks cause that’s what I use for my cameras. 

(edited)

1 Message

11 months ago

Same as everyone here. I’ve had the Xfinity app on my last 5 iPhones and on this new one for a year. A few weeks ago I started having terrible battery issues and noticed the Xfinity app using 97% of my battery. It wasn’t even open on my phone and my battery was dead by 11am. I opened the app, hard closed it, rebooted my phone and was ok for a few days until it happened again. Just deleted the app. (Which is a bummer because I like having it available if needed.) Hopefully the app wasn’t infected stealing everything on my phone. 

1 Message

I am having the same issue on my iPad.  Have used the app for at least two years  but over the last roughly 3 weeks my battery drains to shut down within 45 minutes (from 100%).  I use to get 3+ hours.  Device back feels hot and battery usage shows almost 100% Xfinity app.  Is there a fix from Comcast?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey @user_264752, Thanks for reaching out on our forums. We’re aware that some customers with iPhones may be experiencing an issue where the Xfinity App is using more power than it should. There was a bug in app version Xfinity 5.4.0 iOS that caused this issue. On August 1, we released a fix in Xfinity 5.4.1 iOS.

To resolve this issue, please ensure you’re running the latest version of the Xfinity app – currently Xfinity 5.5.0 iOS.

You can find the app version, and update it if needed, by going to Settings > Xfinity App and looking for “App Version.” You can also update the app by texting “APP” to 266278. If you continue to experience this issue after performing the required update, please let us know here.

1 Message

11 months ago

Same here!  A few nighta ago I woke up to my phone charged up yo only 73%, my phone indicating it stopped charging overnight due to overheating.  The iphone battery app indicated hat night and the next day that the Xfinity app was the primary app running in the background.  I shut off Advanced Security and restarted my phone, but ghe Xfinity app keeps draining my battery in the background!!!

1 Message

11 months ago

I have the same problem with the app. I did have it for a while but this begin happens 2 or 3 days ago. I think the app has some bugs or something. I tried everything, but the app continued draining my battery, so, finally I delete it. Xfinity needs to correct that asap because the app is a tool to help us manage the account. Hopes they will fix  this soon

1 Message

11 months ago

I experienced the same issue! I charged my phone to 97% and went to sleep. Woke up and my phone was at 70%. When I checked the battery stats it showed xfinity used 70% of my battery while I was sleeping!! I turned off background app refresh in settings and the app is STILL running in the background using 46% of my battery. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for connecting with us here, @user_8dc97b. Sorry to hear about the issue with the Xfinity app. Please send us a Direct Message if you would like for us to take a closer look into this for you. 

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

1 Message

11 months ago

Exact same problem on my end. Had to delete the app. Hopefully some news on this front soon. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here