U

Tuesday, January 16th, 2024 3:03 AM

Closed

Xfinity App hangs at the WIFI module with a wall

update:

this was finally sent to a developer  department and is now fixed

my first thoughts on this must have been correct

Scenario
- I live in a one room studio apt, with one wire coming in to connect to for internet.

- I have Xfinity Internet only, no tv, etc..  I only use internet to stream shows/movies and podcasts, no gaming.

Initial Problems

1-Some of my devices were not getting connected or audio would go in and out,  or having problems staying connected.
2-Xfinity app showing that other devices are connected (not mine), some are 'hardwire' connected (wtf?)  Note: I have no hard connected devices, ever. 

Then I renewed my contract, and was sent a white modem to replace the black one. 

Same things happened.

Finally a tech guy comes out and takes a look at my wire coming from the box outside.  He puts it on a meter and shows me it has tons of holes in it.  Maybe because it's 35 years old?  

Wire is replaced, connection perfect, all my devices are working. 

But I still have a problem, Xfinity App says I am not connected if I try to view/edit Wifi or devices under Wifi.

And since I'm "not connected"  (but I am CONNECTED and everything is working great)   I can't get in to the wifi component that is listed at the bottom of the app screen, to view my wifi or view/edit my devices.
I cannot login on my laptop and get to this screen as it says to do so I must use the Xfinity app. What a loop.

No agents have a solution, 
and I have suggested that this Xfinity APP must have been overloaded by connections at some point and that has caused it to 'hang' and keep a constant 'your home internet is not connected'  wall in my app, and keeping from going any further to view wifi or view devices. 

What do you all think?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

8 months ago

Hello @user_51m170, thanks for reaching out for help with your account. I'm glad to hear that your connection is more stable, but that is definitely strange that the app says you are not connected. 

You mentioned you renewed your contract. With this did you possible move to a different unit or make any changes to your address? Normally when we see this happen it's because the user ID is linked to an old account. 

3 Messages

Re: did you possible move to a different unit or make any changes to your address? 

No.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_51m170 when you renewed your contract was it under the same account such as the main account holders name? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

yes

re: was it under the same account

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_51m170 I’m sorry to hear you're having ongoing issue with connecting using your devices. 

Let's troubleshoot together to see if we can get this resolved for you. 

We will start with telling us about your connection setup and the devices connected.

1. Outside your Xfinity modem how many devices do you have connected such as routers, splitters, amplifiers and extenders.

2. Besides your laptop how many devices such as phones, TVs etc do you have connected?

3. Are you only connected using Wi-Fi?

4. Can you see your Wi-Fi network to connect to?

5. How many signal bars do you have?

6. Is your modem in your room with you or in a hall or share dwelling loaction inside your building? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here