jrtuenge's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, November 25th, 2022 8:03 PM

Closed

Xfinity app drains battery faster than it can charge!

Has anyone else noticed that the Xfinity app (with just an X for logo) drains iPhone batteries so quickly that they continue to drain even when the phone is charging? Why on Earth would the app need so much juice?! Fortunately this only happens to me when the app is open. My experience on iPhone 7 Plus seems similar to that of user_357aec described at https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-app/xfinity-draining-battery/62f79fd348c60d55e602040f

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums @jrtuenge. I can see how this experience would be frustrating for you. Our team would be happy to help. Have you tried any basic troubleshooting yet? If so, what have you done? Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAnna​ what is the basic troubleshooting steps you suggest?  This issue is happening to me as well. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am having the same problem on my iPhone 13 mini. I used to end my day with battery at 50%, but since using Xfinity app I get down to 20% and power saver kicks in. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and I also "swipe up to kill" the app when I'm done. Nothing seems to work and battery drains quicker than before loading app. I've checked settings to ensure background refresh is off.

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

I am sorry to hear this @user_65da39! Unfortunately, there isn't much troubleshooting steps we can provide to help you regarding your iPhone battery aside from the steps you have already taken. I apologize. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having same issue.  Saw the app was using lots of battery when screen is off.  I turned off the local network option within the settings of the app, and my battery isn't being drained.  I will probably have to put back on when testing my broadband.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_228241​ where is the network connection setting? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_228241 We do agree that @user_228241 has some helpful advice to help minimize your battery from draining. We would also recommend making sure to close the Xfinity app (slide up when you're on the home screen, this should you show you multiple pages of apps that you might have opened and sliding up again to close them out.) This should help preserve your battery if you believe some apps might be using more battery life than others.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Xfinity’s response to this issue is ridiculous. They claim it’s your phone’s operating system. I had fine battery life and the moment I activated their mobile VPN system my battery drained at five times the rate. It was so bad that I could leave it off on a charger and it actually drained the battery faster than it could recharge….while not in use with screen off. Do yourself a favor and dump their VPN service and app. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I had to delete the app completely. For a technology company, this is ridiculous. 

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

@user_49301b What troubleshooting if any have you tried?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Is there a way to selectively disable some feature of Xfinity app to slow the drain?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here