U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 13th, 2022 12:57 PM

Closed

Xfinity Draining Battery

My batteries health on my Iphone SE 2020 is still in very good condition, however I’ve noticed that the  Xfinity app has been using up to 60% of my battery overnight. Thus draining it every time. I close out all of my apps every night, so I’m wondering why it’s using so much of my battery. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

@user_276d82 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forums page. We would recommend reaching out to our Xfinity Mobile Team to get the assistance you need. You can reach them by using either of these methods:

Phone - (888) 936-4968
Chat - https://comca.st/3Po6CoK

They will be able to take care of your concerns from there.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityBenjaminM​ I am having same problem. Happened last night 8/24/22. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

Good morning, @user_596cf6, and thank you for sharing your same experience with your mobile device and the Xfinity App. Have you already attempted to contact Xfinity Mobile as my colleague recommended in his response above? They would be the best team to help with your Xfinity Mobile device concerns, as they are the experts in all things Xfinity Mobile! 

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Why can’t you just answer the question?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_bc1c8e I see you may have a similar experience. This truly can vary be device, operating system, or how you use the Xfinity App. If you have parental controls or xFi Complete, the app may be constantly monitoring your network during the night causing it to be running longer that other apps. What type of the device do you have? Are you seeing your device being drained the same way? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I’m having a problem with my iPhone 11 Pro Max battery heating up to the point it’s so hot I have to place phone in airplane mode to allow the phone to cool down. This increase in temperature only happens when I am using the xfinity application. All other applications are completely closed out and not just placed in the background. Actually take the application card and swiped up on screen to close it out. I have a my end of the user procedures to troubleshoot and diagnose whether it’s a device issue or application issue and it’s determined to be the cause of this problem. Further troubleshooting has discovered that if you setup any parental restrictions on the xfinity application in your home using the television cable boxes i.e. setting a 4 digit PIN code to access the account or see billing on your television using the xfinity cable boxes then this will make your device “phones” battery heat up and become very hot when in use and using your Wi-Fi or Internet connection. This is an issue that xfinity should fix.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having the same issue here...I've uninstalled, reinstalled, turned off background app refresh and restarted my phone. I manually swipe closed the app after use. The Xfinity App is consistently >50% of my battery drain. Is there anything else that can be done or is this just bad app design that needs to be fixed?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here