U

Thursday, June 27th, 2024 12:37 PM

Xfinity App Downtime Schedule - Not Working

I set up profiles for all the users in the house (kids) and set a schedule for their devices to be disabled at some time. It is not disabling the devices. The profiles appear to "sleep" but their devices relog onto the network as "generic Windows PCs" and they can continue using the internet.

edit: Everything seemed to change after upgrading the modem. With the old modem, the app worked just fine. Since we've had the new one the app has been weird. Not doing the downtime schedule properly and then sometimes pausing "users" when they ought not be paused.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Interesting, @user_gs0b78! Thank you for creating a post and bringing this concern to our attention. I'm unaware of any known issues with the Xfinity App, user profiles, or device pausing feature, but I'd love to see what we can do to help! I know you mentioned this becoming an issue after upgrading modems, but may I ask what troubleshooting you've tried so far? For example, you can force-close the app, uninstall and reinstall it, etc. Take any of those steps yet? Or have you tried using the app on a different device? I definitely recommend attempting some of these steps, especially if you haven't since swapping the equipment out. Things may just need to re-sync between the device(s) using the app and your modem. Please let me know if this helps!

3 Messages

I've r/r the app. I've r/r the kids' profiles.  When I manually actuate the activity of a device the app seems to work. It is something in the downtime scheduling. I've noticed that renaming devices can make them finicky too in the schedule. I had renamed the kids's gizmo's like Daughter's Computer, Son's VR, Son's computer etc... When the schedule would turn on, moments later I would see the original name of the device log on to the network, not the renamed version though, but the equipment would be operational.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_gs0b78 we appreciate the additional details. I recommend resetting the modem and app to see if the names update before doing anything else. If this does not resolve the issue can you test the xFi app on a second device?

Resetting your modem to factory defaults and setting up your network again is also an option. But this would be a last resort. What type of Xfinity modem do you have? Do you have an XB8?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

I don't have the means to set up the app on a different device, I don't think. You mean another xfinity router/modem? I fiddled with everything again and the app has multiple issues. Last night I recreated everyone in the app and assigned devices. The app would not recognize the devices as paired to the users until I reset the app. (if this is a feature and not a bug, maybe there should be a response that says something like "please restart your app to apply changes."). I did not try and use the schedule. I did successfully assign my son's devices to him and successfully paused them. When I woke this morning, the devices were showing activity on the network despite being paused still. Unpausing the devices required another restart of the app too to see the changes go through.

1) How do I reset my modem to factory defaults and set up my network again?

2) Can I get my old modem back?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

user_gs0b78 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

I have the same exact issue.  My son's PC keeps showing up as two entities and I can pause one but not the other.  I even separated it off my son and created a different profile for just one of the MSI computers, paused it forever and it acts like it's still connected counting time and everything.  Or youngest sons switch and PC is supposed to pause at 8 hours however he has been logged in all day today 12 hours.  It shows 12/8 limit met but it doesn't shut off.

1 Message

13 days ago

I am having the same issues. None of the restrictions are working. I have it set to pause wifi at 11pm and restart at 6am and the chart shows activity all through the night.

App and phone are updated

Phone: Android 14 One UI version 6.1

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

530 Messages

@Santosrq Hello and good evening. Thanks for sending a message and thinking of us to assist. It is great to see you counting on us here, and we are always happy to help. I know having the right expectation is key, we know it is vital to have a good experience online with the devices connected. We appreciate you using the Xfinity app to check the usage and devices. It is my favorite way to manage my account and services. Do you have any devices connected directly to the modem with ethernet cables? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here