rsreji's profile

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2024 3:07 AM

Closed

Xfinity app doesn't let me manage WiFi devices.

Hello Xfinity,

Based on feedback from my local Xfinity store, I decided to try out the new Xfinity Gateway device - got it setup on 26-Dec-2023.

Customer support agent had to get involved to activate the modem due to a system error when I attempted to register (device was incorrectly registered under a different user).

My internet is setup and was bumped to Gigabit+ plan.

Xfinity app is not recognizing my modem and I'm unable to manage my WiFi devices. Of course I can use 10.0.0.1.

I spend about 8+ hours of my last week of December, trying to get this issue resolved via Xfinity telephone support and gave up on it.

Every technician that I talked to on phone, promised to resolve the error - after pointing out a synch error between services.

Multiple tickets were created and no luck.

Appreciate any support.

Thanks,

[Edited: Personal Information]

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

9 months ago

Have to point out that the Xfinity app send me alerts about new devices getting online.
So it must be the UI preventing the info from being shown on screen - but the backend/smarts must be working?

Multiple ticket numbers were closed without issue resolution:

[Edited: Personal Information]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

9 months ago

@rsreji thank you for using the Community Forums page to reach out. We would be more than happy to assist you with the managed devices concerns you are coming across. Let's take a closer look at this issue and the associated tickets in a direct message. Can you send us one with your full name and complete service address?

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Hey @XfinityMarcus 

I can't believe that the response here is to connect me to the same support that did not know how to help me after multiple phone calls.

I literally spend about 8+ hours with Xfinity support on phone and completely no help.
I would like to avoid spending more time being on call with them

Why direct message? Is this not something anyone from Xfinitty support has seen before? 

I have another few more days and unfortunately the device is doing back if it's not resolved.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Multiple of your support team knew that the issue is a data-sync across different systems.

Is there no way to resolve this even after me raising 2 or 3 support tickets.

@XfinityMarcus Aren't you able to get the info you requested above from my listed tickets?

Who's monitoring these closed-supoprt-tickets to ensure that the issue is really resolved and not bogusly closed?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

We are not able to get that information without authenticating the account. We ask that you send us a direct message, so we can look further into those tickets and the account. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Tried the option to chat and seems like Xfinity Support is not available?

Finally connect - 48th in line :O 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Sorry for any confusion, @rsreji. To send a direct message: 

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'. 
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. 

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question. Thank you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here