U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, August 18th, 2022 5:36 AM

Closed

Xfinity App Does Not Show Gateway Device Despite Active Internet Connection

My internet connection is working fine.

However, when I log into the Xfinity App, I do not see my Gateway, nor any Devices. This is a huge issue since the Xfi website has been decommissioned, and even logging into my router's admin portal via 10.0.0.1 does not allow me to change any settings - all of this functionality has been moved to the Xfinity app - the same app that is not displaying my Gateway.

Again, my internet connection is fine, and have internet service. However, my Xfinity Gateway does not show up in my Xfinity App - in fact, there is not even a "devices section" in my Xfinity app. There is no way for me to change essential settings (such as ssid/password update, port forwarding, firewall, etc) because they have been stripped from every other place that they could be accessed, including when I directly sign into my router via 10.0.0.1.

See screenshot of Xfinity application below. There is no way for me to access my Gateway or change my Gateway settings - there is no "Devices" section despite my internet connection working fine. I am renting the official Xfinity Gateway.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Was able to get this resolved after opening an advanced ticket and working with an Advanced Technician. If anyone else has this issue I'd recommend you escalate and do the same.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@user_e9f342​ Do you recall what the advanced tech did to fix the issue?  I’ve been through 4 tech support sessions (2 over the online chat and 2 phone calls).  The last 2 attempts I kept trying to reference this thread but they said they couldn’t look at it and just kept going through their standard script of unplugging and rebooting the gateway, uninstalling the app, reprovisioning the gateway, reinstall the app, and when it’s still not working, read me their spiel about there being an outage right now affecting the app and that I’ll get a text when the outage is fixed so they can end the call, then the next day getting a text saying the issue should be resolved, only it isn’t, and the just starting the process all over again.  The 2nd phone call (4th attempt at tech support) I kept asking if there was anyone to escalate to, but she claimed she’s part of the higher team.  

Might be time I switch internet service.  This is ridiculous.  Also, the only reason why I got a new gateway was because they said my previous one didn’t support the speeds that I’m paying for with my plan.  But now on the new gateway, running a speedtest, there’s no difference from the old gateway.  I shouldn’t have bothered upgrading.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same issue after activating my new XB8...

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

Hello @user_e9f342, thanks for the feedback and for letting us know. We're delighted to hear you got everything taken care of by the Advanced Repair team. We appreciate you, and thank you for being the best part of Xfinity. 

Hello @user_91fe50, thanks for taking the time to reach out to us on our Forums page. We appreciate you being a customer with us and would be more than happy to assist you with the activation issues you're experiencing. Please send us a Private Direct Chat Message to best assist you with this. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have exactly the same problem.  The gateway is up and working, but the app doesn't show it.  Moreover, there is no "device" section in the app, just as was the case with the poster above.  I have called tech services and so forth, but no solution has been found.  Since there obviously is one (from note above) could you tell me what I need to do to get this problem resolved.  Thanks

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same issue here. New XB8 does not show up in the Xfinity iOS app. (Does not show up in bridge or non-bridge mode).

I'm on my 3rd time troubleshooting with tech support (rebooting gateway), and it is obviously not working.

I'm also experiencing 75%+ packet loss on bridge mode. 😅

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello, @user_735aec, when you have a chance use the direct messaging icon on the right side of the page to send your name and service address to "Xfinity Support." Once we locate your account we can collaborate with our advanced repair team to fix the issue. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAmira​ I have this same problem, “Gateway Offline” in XFi App after upgrading from XB7 to XB8 even though the internet is working fine.

how do I get this escalated to an advanced tech

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

I have this same issue and spent today online with support with no resolution and now have a house call scheduled next week.

The only other interesting difference was when I was going through the goat rodeo of first turning on the xb7, i actually had a screen pop up on my wired desktop to create the SSID name and password name. I have no idea where that came from or how to get back there... 

Everything works but I see "! xFi Gateway Offline" and weirdly, my laptops see my printer on the wifi network but can't connect.

VERY FRUSTRATING!

Any ideas? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have this same exact issue after activating the new gateway yesterday.  Everything works fine except the "xFi Gateway Offline" message on the app.  For some reason the app cannot connect to the gateway even though it is online and working just fine.  All my other connected devices are working.  I spent over an hour on the phone with Xfinity support including advance support and they could not resolve the issue.  They told me to just let it be since it is working.  Only problem is I cannot see any of the connected devices or control them from the app.  Any help with this??  It seems this is a known issue and many people are having this problem.  Seems like Xfinity should have a solution.

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Hello, @user_5bbc2d! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear that you are having issues with the app showing that the modem is offline when it's really not. When you reached out to us before did they happen to open a ticket to have the issue further looked into? If not, feel free to send us a DM by clicking the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I’m having the same issue. Comcast asked me to upgrade my router and sent me the new one, but there’s no way to activate it (and I guess set it to bridge mode) because there’s no Devices section in the app. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same issue with a new gateway showing offline in app but WiFi working.  I am signed in but do not see a direct message icon in the upper right corner to submit an advanced service ticket.  Thank you for any help you can give.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same exact boat here after “upgrading” to XB8.  I’ve been through 9 chat agents, 2 phone agents, and one in-home technician.  No fix at all.  Upgrading was a terrible decision but they said I needed to in order to get the download speeds I was already paying for for last few years.  Unbelievable.  

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! Can you clarify exactly what is happening for me? Is the concern regarding the Xfinity app? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Anyone ever find solution? I have the same issue with my ne modem.  App, Chat, nor call could even get mine connected but xfinity tech came out and did something on his phone in about 5 seconds and I was connected.  Xfinity App as well as My Xfinity app though both show offline even though I’m connected to the internet.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@user_67f9d6​ 8 days after I replaced mine, the gateway finally shows online and connected under the xfinity my account app and in the xfinity app I can finally see my gateway.  Might just have to wait a week for it to show up.  

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_67f9d6​ After 2 days working with Xfinity, I finally gave up with Xfinity support. Online techs were no help and blew me off several times. I finally had a technician come out replace the modem and put it in bridge mode and I supplied my own Netgear router so I never have to deal with Xfinity support or their lame app again. Sorry, probably not the answer you were looking for, but it works great now.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @user_e9f342. Thank you for reaching out. I'm glad to hear we had a tech out that was able to get you connected. We have some great folks out there in the field, and they always do a great job. I understand, however, your profile still shows everything is offline. When you pull up the My Account App, are you able to see your equipment listed or is that blank as well? Do you currently use a Xfinity Gateway or do you have your own modem?

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@Banderson888​ Ding! Ding! Ding! Thank God I found this before I wasted any more time with xfinity's lame tech support. I only "upgraded" to the xb8 a few days ago so the app may yet start working but I'll never go back. Your own router is the only way to escape this stupidity.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Ok, I finally fixed this issue!! I went through six chat agents, and three phone calls and none worked.  This is an odd fix so I don’t know if it will work for you but I thought I’d share anyway since so many of us was having this issue.  First, I reactivated the old one and it showed back up in my Xfinity app.  Next, I logged into admin “10.0.0.1” for my new modem and then reset it back to factory settings. Next, I logged into admin for the old router and reset it to factory settings also.  Next, I disconnected my old modem from the wall and Internet cable.  Once that was disconnected, I opened up the app and went through the activation steps again for my new modem, and once it completed I closed the app and re-opened it, and BAM, the new gateway was in the app and the old one was gone and there was no gateway offline showing either.

‘’I know this was an odd way to do it but I was freaking desperate and tried so many things and this is what worked for me.  I truly hope this helps someone.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same problem.  Upgraded XB7 to XB8 no problem, internet works fine, but the XFi App now shows Gateway Offline and I can’t configure anything.

I’ve done two chats and one phone support with zero resolution.

Obviously the app is still tied to the old router, how hard can that be to change?

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

For those who are looking for a way to see the gateway device(s) in your account, use a Web browser.  Then after logging in to https://www.xfinity.com/, go to the URL https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

We are having same problem, several chats no resolution modem is working but shows someone else’s name for the modem…. Don’t understand why these apps are launched without better testing…. I don’t have hours to chat and do all the resetting, plugging, unplugging and still be charged almost $300 per month…. Cutting the cable is looking better daily 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

How did you manage to get advanced tech support? I have had the same issue for the last week and all they want to do is send a tech out to my house like that will help anything.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I just switched to the XB7 recently, initially it appeared in the Xfinity IOS app after I activated it, but after a week it disappeared, very strange. The gateway is working fine, but it is just not showing up in the app, I tried a few things as suggested in this thread but no luck. Trying to find the direct messaging icon to send to "Xfinity Support.", but can't see it, any idea how i can start a direct message?

Official Employee

• 

865 Messages

Thank you very much for reaching out to us here @user_d2d4bb. You should be able to use the icon on the to right of the Xfinity app to connect to a support agent. We can also assist you with any issue here if you send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your account. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue, anyone know of the solution. The direct message feature on here is gone from what i can tell, and customer support said they can't do anything and that there is no "ticketing system". Honestly, Xfinity is just hot garbage. Limiting what we can do with the gateway, then moving it to their app that doesn't work. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here